Using Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade on Professional?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lbwarped, Jul 28, 2011.

1. lbwarped

lbwarped MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    I have Win7x64 Professional installed, and I'd like to upgrade to Ultimate. Through Microsoft this costs $130, but I've seen Amazon selling the Anytime Upgrade for Home Premium to Ultimate for $99.

Is it possible to use the Home Premium to Ultimate key to upgrade Professional to Ultimate via Anytime Upgrade?

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    The info is already here..
    You want to upgrade from what OS (Home Prem. or Professional)???

Anyways, just use an oemslp key for ultimate with anytime.. Requires slic 2.1 in bios (or the use of a loader)

3. lbwarped

lbwarped MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    I don't want to use any loaders or special BIOSes.

I just want to legitimately upgrade my Professional Windows 7 to Ultimate, and was wondering if there was something different about the key for the Home Premium > Ultimate upgrade CD key vs. the Professional > Ultimate CD key during Anytime Upgrade.

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Then you have to buy an upgrade license.. but wasting 2-300 dollars? for something that alot of 3rd party tools can do way better?
    Besides, the diff. between home premium and ultimate isnt that big.

5. lbwarped

lbwarped MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    I need to upgrade to Ultimate, as I'd like to use the Terminal Services (RemoteApp) found only in Ultimate/Enterprise.

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Is that remote desktop TO or FROM a computer?

All computers is able to connect to a computer but not have it available as optio.
    Easy done with teamviewer or other software.