Using modern apps while keeping privacy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by winmaniac, Jun 19, 2016.

1. winmaniac

winmaniac MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2015
    Is there some way to use modern apps without letting them spy and send data to MS? :g:

2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Most of the modern apps which I use are good only because of data sent, and received. My most often used is Solitaire. MS keeps all my game data for me, so that if I need to reinstall Windows (I am on insider program) none of my game statistics are lost. IMHO MS is not spying. Spying always implies malicious intent. Don't you think lawyers would have been all over MS if they were in fact spying? The facts just have never supported the spying theory. But, if you believe that data sent back, and forth between MS, and your computer to make your life better is spying, I won't stand in your way. In answer to your question. If you want to use the apps properly with the maximum pleasurable experience, the answer is NO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Modern apps and privacy are mutually exclusive.

4. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Clearly stated :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    The internet, and privacy are mutually exclusive. If you want to be totally private move to Montana, and live off the grid. Do not connect with the internet. Otherwise deal with it.