Using RemoveWAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Balch, May 14, 2010.

1. Balch

Balch MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    I'm interested in knowing if there is anyone out there that has used this software for a couple of months or more without experiencing problems in any of the other functions of Windows 7? Has it proven to only mess with the WAT portion of Windows 7 or is it inadvertently affecting other parts of Windows 7? I don't care about updating because I turn that stuff off anyway because I don't like websites having control over when they log onto my 'Puter.
    Also, does anybody have a reliable link to a download that has proven not to be virus or malware infected.
    Appreciate all the cyber help anybody out there can give me, thanks.

Balch

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. Balch

Balch MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    Because that thread is approximately 250 long and seemed to be dealing with nothing but problems that many newbs had with understanding how the program worked. I'm looking to hear from a knowledgeable person who has used RemoveWAT for a long time who can tell me if there are any typical repercussions to the other programs of Windows 7 Ultimate from installing this little program. Is it that big a deal to start a new short thread that can be dumped after I get a couple good answers? What Is a forum for?

Balch

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Then post in the thread.

5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Seriously - you should try a loader.

"Fixes" that patch system files really piss M$ off and they will target them and there will always be a game of catch up.

M$ always state that the reason they introduced WGA and WAT was to protect users from patched systems that may prove unreliable - I'm not saying RemoveWAT is unreliable - simply that M$ will target over and over ad nauseum. They clearly say this time and again and they do it time and again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dpinero

dpinero MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    Can anyone tell me where to download Remove WAT, I'm trying to clear the notifications from Microsoft of This copy of Windows is not Genuine. Thanks