Using the COA sticker to activate windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kiteboy, Apr 9, 2013.

1. kiteboy

kiteboy MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    Hi - hopefully just a quick one

A friend of mine wants me to look at wiping a laptop (which belongs to his mother who lives in spain) with what I assume is a OEM version of Windows 7

The plan is to re-install windows 7 and possibly using the COA sticker on the laptop to activate it again

As she lives in spain I dont want any future troubles for her if possible so I thought just reinstall her version of windows 7 (whatever that is) rether that try any other version of windows

If I remember correctly Ill have to get an OEM version of windows 7 that matches what she has on the laptop already

Is this correct?

I think then I can activate by phone using the COA sticker? Never done this before - just wanted to check thats possible

Thanks for any info

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Why don't you use oem:slp activation??... offline & hassle free.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kiteboy

kiteboy MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    That means reading up a bit more :)
    I have done the slp in the past but cant remember exactly - I remember it inserts keys into the bios?
    It also means any version of windows 7 can be installed? Is that correct?
    Would there be any future problems for her like reactivation after so many days - sorry I realise noob questions
    Was just hoping it was possible to do the phone method tbh

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What is the model of the laptop?? You can use this to install appropriate cert and key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kiteboy

kiteboy MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    #5 kiteboy, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    (OP)
    Just been given the laptop - its a Toshiba Equium A200-1V0
    2gb of ram !!! and with a Vista COA so may try windows 7 with that loader

Update: Now thinking of doing a bios mod - I do like learning about things - possibly a bit risky though

It has a phoenix bios on the laptop - not sure on version yet

I gather I have to do an RW Report and request a bios mod?? - If i get a reply - install that bios mod and from ther just install windows 7 hopefully

or is anything else needed?? I know Ive oversimplified a bit
    Thanks again fro any info