using VMWare to use latest Mac OS on Windows 7???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by christian666, Apr 20, 2010.

1. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    so here is my problem.. i want to use VMWare to run the latest Mac Os,
    but i dont know which is the latest mac os or if it possible? while having a W7U operating system

2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I was gonna pop the question on the Mac forum but after doing a bit of careful research it seems that Vmware player doesn't support the Mac OS however this can be circumvented by downloading the file required from none other than the pirate bay. And the latest version of the Mac Os is 10.6.3 Snow leopard I thought about porting a office 2010 crack to it but decided not to do it. That was only because I thought it was unecessary however I'm getting off topic the general thing is Vmware player does support it if you download it froom the pirate bay i think

3. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    To install yourself you need a macosx installed already somewhere else to get files.

Only real way to do it is download a preinstalled version, but be careful as its probably got hacks and viruses in it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    There are many people out there who have created VMware images of the MacOS and you can find them easily by Googling around. I have one of those images here and I can tell you it does indeed work, although I'll warn you ahead of time that the performance is lacking despite what resources such as memory or stroage you dedicate to the VM. I personally don't open the image much and for me, it's merely a conversation piece amongst other IT people who have interest in those types of things.

5. testdrive

testdrive MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2010
    You can use iATKOS_v7
    go here: uphuck . ggrn . de / forum / viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4031
    (please remove space, I'm new here, not able to post link or image)

Host: Win7 Ult.
    Guest: OSx86 10.5.7
    VM workstation: 7.0.1

Choice FreeBSD when creating new VM for it.
    Just finished the installation and starting to learn OSx86.

6. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    The snow leopard (for VMWare) on I've seen torrents for also require your CPU/MB to be VT capable.

7. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Does anyone else have a problem with VMWare breaking their networking? Whenever I've installed VMWare or Player, my Belkin USB Network Hub loses its network connection. Also, it seems to wreak havoc with VPNs. Anyone know a work around for those problems, or is it just me? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate now, but I had the same problem with XP Pro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Ell2Cool

Ell2Cool MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2008
    is there anywhere where u can get a preinstalled snow leopard image from?

9. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    what do u mean by this, do u mean like on a usb?

10. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    What he asking is if anyone knows where he can get a pre-installed iso of OSX snow leopard so that he can install a copy in VMware...
    And unfortunately I gave this a try and the copy I got needed a Intel chip in it...