uTorrent setup for Windows RT?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Hammerhans, May 9, 2013.

1. Hammerhans

Hammerhans MDL Novice

May 9, 2013
    Hey guys. I just got myself a Microsoft Surface RT. Its great for a lots of things, inclusing watching movies. Now what I would really like is being able to download on it aswell. I fiund a uTorrent client on the Windows store, but I am not so keen on setting up network related stuff, so im a little out of luck.

If I for example press a magnet link, the app starts, but it asks me to add a server (name, ip and port) im not sure what I should type there.

Does anyone here know? Or has anyone here got it to work?

Thanks.

2. soulburner

soulburner MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2008
    Unfortunately, the uTorrent app in Windows Store is not a full uTorrent client - it's just an interface for WebUI, which means you connect to another PC and control the downloads/uploads remotely (useful when using a NAS, for example).
    I would also like to know if there's a fully functional torrent client available for RT.

3. JohnDoe_911

JohnDoe_911 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2013
    There are few apps in Windows Store already, you can try Torrent RT it is the most stable so far.

4. Rayn19

Rayn19 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    You can try Torrex, apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/app/ad0ca65f-400d-4ab9-9d3d-4afb7331619d

5. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    Torrex, recommended by Rayn19 is pretty great, I've been using it since 8.1 Preview got released :) it would be nice if the app would work when it's in the app bar but it suspends itself it it's not in the foreground :(

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 MDL Junior Member

Jan 27, 2013
    #7 jhoff80, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Torrex is definitely great, but something to keep in mind is you probably can't use it (or Torrent RT) on any private trackers- most have a whitelist of clients they allow, which neither of these are likely to be on.

Still, thanks for the comment about the Torrex upgrade being temporarily free.

Also, I highly recommend their "8zip" app, especially if you can get it for free.

7. algotroll

algotroll MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2013
    Halite (desktop client) has been ported to Windows RT by xda-developers.com members. Of course, you need a jailbreak/hack to run it.

8. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Use RT jail-break and recompiled desktop uTorrent for ARM from xda-developers forum... (You have to apply jail-break each time Windows RT starts.)...