uTorrent

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by donalddonald, Jun 24, 2012.

1. donalddonald

donalddonald MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2012
    #1 donalddonald, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    Hi there, I've been having really big problems with uTorrent over the past few days. I was downloading quite a big torrent, it wasn't slowing my internet to a crawl and it was going at about 200kb/s. But my download speed is 850kb/s and I wanted it for today (so much for that) so I had a look online at a few websites on how to speed it up. I port forwarded, and it definitely worked, that actually slowed it down to about 100kb/s and it made my internet browsing slow to a crawl as well. So I changed to a different port, same thing. I cleared the settings and reinstalled to try again, I typed in the settings I was using back at the start, with the non-forwarded port, and I'm getting like 10kb/s at best. I don't know what to do, everyone on the internet gives different advice.

ETA: The browsing speed was so bad most websites would give up and just not load. Running the setup guide, changing my upload speed to 1kb/s and download speed to 900kb/s seems to have fixed it a bit, I can go on websites at least, my download speeds are up to averaging about 70 though which is still really bad compared to what I used to have.

2. comtech

comtech MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2011
    you must have a port forwarded or most sites won't give you download speed,also sometimes your isp will bottleneck your download speed,run a speed test in uttorent to first find out what your up and down speed is

3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Also, allow for more connections and limit the upload speed...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. donalddonald

donalddonald MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2012
    And just like that, it works.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Good to know... ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    For me also..:hug2:

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Anyone tried the "pro" version - is it worth upgrading and exactly why, please?

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Nothing special bundled a virus checker in it.

9. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
  10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    My microTorrent v. 3.1.3 is anchored in "Torrents" section. I never go to "Featured content" or "New apps" or whatever.

There, no need for change yet... But if it becomes intrusive - off I go, too...