Uxstyle Patch Black Screen Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dan666, May 10, 2013.

1. Dan666

Dan666 MDL Novice

May 10, 2013
    Uxstyle Patch Black Screen Windows 8 Pro

Ever had trouble previously with Ultra Uxtheme Patcher
    This time it happened when I was creating a theme when I applied the theme, the screen went all black, then to restart the same thing happened only appearing to monitor blinking mouse cursor.

I was wearing:
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    Windows Style Builder - WSB - 1.5.4.6 BETA
    Uxstyle Patch for Windows 8
    Drivers and Updates altomaticas were off.

I'm suspecting that the problem is in Windows Style Builder - WSB - 1.5.4.6 BETA and its themes, and what you guys think?

2. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Definitely by the looks of it! I'm not familiar with the program, but came across this note for the v1.5.4.6 beta:
    - If your theme causes the black screen bug, reboot and Windows will reapply the last known working theme

I'm not sure about that last part, sounds like it has set the theme proper which is why it is not working on reboot either. I think that is referring to if the theme is applied but not saved. That is, if you set it but then cancel the settings it goes back to what it was before. Rebooting in effect cancels the setting. It sounds like the corrupt theme was saved!

3. acacrni

acacrni MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2013
    I had this problem just yesterday, had to use system restore, good thing is that uxstyle made restore point.