Vaio Bios MOD messed up ACPI - Need to flash back...

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rialto, Jul 8, 2007.

1. rialto

rialto MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2007
    Hi all,
    Got a problem with a BIOS + SLIC i flashed on my sony vaio. Well the BIOS flashed fine but it has messed up ACPI on it and i cant run any version of windows with ACPI as I get a stop error 0x00000000A5 (basically means ACPI is screwed.)

As ACPI is the backbone of the laptop, it's as good as a brick unless I can get an original bios back up and running.

I installed windows without ACPI and that went fine but I can't seem to flash back to the original firmware. Sony laptops use winphlash to program the Phoenix bios but when I go ahead and try and flash it's as if the program doesn't recognise the BIOS as a Sony one and refuses to flash. My question is, does anybody know of a way around this? I'm reverting to last resorts now, it looks as if I'll be giving Sony a call soon. :(

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Sad to hear that.:( .Rebuild bios with PBE gave absolutely no errors. I wish I could give you advice.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mattmanslim

mattmanslim MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2007
    the only thing i can think of is attaching a floppy disk drive and re flashing the bios from a dos boot disk.