VB.Net 2010 Book for database application

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by carmz, Oct 23, 2012.

1. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi, Can i ask some help to all experts in vb.net2010 can you please help me to provide a good reference book that deals in Database,I want to learn vb.net database but i have no good resources...can you please help on this.More help will be more appreciated.

2. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    You can use DataSets, SQL Linqs, .NET Objects for establish an connection with the Database.

For the Microsoft SQL, is natively provided the "System.Data.SqlClient" namespace that contains the "Driver" for the manual connection using the .NET.

If you want to use other SQL Databases as MySQL / Oracle / Firebird, you need to use other library with the "Driver" for this database type, but the process is basically the same.

I advise to learn at first using the DataSet, an easy way to work with databases. Is compatible with many controls and auto-configurable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi,Josh thank you for the reply...but can you suggest me a good reference book to use on this.?Thank yo in advance.

4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I really like of "Head First" books. I don't know but there's an edition of "Head First VB.NET".

I've read the C# edition and is an excellent book for beginners.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...