vCenter Server 4.0.0, 208111 Update Manager issues

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by ft@t@lk, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ft@t@lk

ft@t@lk MDL Junior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    I open up vsphere client and log into my vcenter console

I click on Update Manager and go to Admin View, then click on Download patches

I look in Tasks pane and after a while it gives me 2 events:

Name: Downloading Patch Definitions

Status: Completed (with a green check mark icon next to it)

Details: (blank)

Initiated by: com.vmware.vcIntegrity

and right underneath it:

Name: Downloading Patch Definitions

Status: VMware vCenter Update Manager had an unknown failure. Check Tasks and Events tab and logs for more details (with a red x icon next to it)

Details: Downloading patch definitions for Windows

Initiated by: Administrator

I check System logs and I get this error at the time of the download patches event

[2011-04-21 00:58:31.862 00896 warning 'Libs'] SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

* The host certificate chain is not complete.

[2011-04-21 01:04:46.774 02988 error 'App'] Vmacore::Http::HttpConnection::ResponseCompleted Close or AsyncRead failed An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. /class Vmacore::SystemException:

then I get pop-up error window that says: Server Connection Timed Out - Your session with VMware Update Manager is no longer valid. The Update Manager plugin will be disabled. You can enable it again using the "Manage Plugins..." menu once the server is back up.

I hit OK on the error window and vsphere client reconnects to vcenter console

is it trying to make the connection over SSL? where do I configure it not to use SSL?

any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Check on VMware forums & (hopefully you have) with VMware using your maintenence agreement. They are pretty good at fixing odd issues

sebus

3. ft@t@lk

ft@t@lk MDL Junior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    sure thing thanks...looks like it might be as simple as opening up port 443 on the vCenter's subnet for this to work

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...