Vendor Restore/Recovery Discs

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Simpuhl, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I am looking for Original Vendor Recovery/Restore Discs for all the vendors like HP, DELL, Sony, ETC for each version of Windows.

I always run into issues where the customer has lost his or her recovery discs and the system is unable to restore or create new ones, so when I use an original windows disc that matches the version that should be installed on there computer the cd key which is on there laptop or desktop doesnt work. I obviously know I seen there version of the disc so that the key works.

Currently I am working on an old Sony Vaio, Windows Xp Home Edition. I am looking for a recovery disc that will work with this customers cd key.. anybody have any idea's where I might be abe to get one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Why bother?

Make multi-OEM disk (learn in a process) and have plain XP (any flavour) with none of the crapware supplied on such disks

sebus

3. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    How? Id love to get a copy of this, and there original key will always work??? id just need to dl drivers off the manufacterer website correct?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    sites.google.com/site/pctricksandtipsbysushil/tutorials/create-a-multi-oem-windows-xp-dvd ?

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    It is already in this section it came from here.