Vertical details pane in Explorer

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ceo54, Feb 4, 2021.

1. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Hi,

I have a custom shellstyle.dll that I use with my custom themes in 8.1 that is modified to reflect the changes in the mssstyle not available in the stock shellstyle.dll that came with Windows.

The stock shellstyle.dll which came with the Windows 8.1 which displays the details pane vertically on the right in the explorer. This is what I want to achieve with my custom shellstyle.dll that I use in conjunction with OldNewExplorer by Tihny.

I also have the script files for my custom shellstyle.dll but I don't know which one to replace with which.

This one is kinda important to me. All the hard work I put into creating the themes will be wasted if I fail to accomplish this, It's not a complicated task for someone with a knowhow.

I assure you, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

These are the files in the shellstyle.dll which are rendered through shell32.dll. It's one of these files (or a part of a code) which needs to be replaced with the stock shellstyle.dll which comes with the Windows to accomplish what I want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    will it work on Windows 10 friend? :thinking:

4. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    @Tiger-1 Yes, it will provided the same thing needs to be done to the shellstyle of the Windows 10. The one from Windows 8.1 won't work and will hang/crash the shell.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    should I take the test with my LTSC 2019 then I can confirm thank you friend

6. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    OKay so I've accomplished it with the help of a friend over at DA. Wasn't hard at all for someone who knows code. I took the opportunity and made one more which displays the details pane on top below the rebar. I would have attached both of them here for anyone come looking but I don't see any buttons for attachments.

7. haber123

haber123 MDL Junior Member

Nov 5, 2009