VERY stuck on the black screen with blinking cursor, need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by djharoldrenny, May 12, 2010.

1. djharoldrenny

djharoldrenny MDL Novice

May 12, 2010
  2. myteam

myteam MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2009
    When you press the shift key 5 times and you hear the noise, do you get a popup asking if you want to turn sticky keys on? If you do, click the link in the center that says "go to the ease of access center to disable the keyboard shortcut". This will open a new window. In this window, you can type c:\windows\explorer.exe into the address bar and press enter...
    If you can load to desktop after that, means something wrong with your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "Shell"="explorer.exe"...
    Congratulation.. you have a virus to be solve =.=

3. djharoldrenny

djharoldrenny MDL Novice

May 12, 2010
    Pressing shift doesn't work either. No button responds. Anyone else?

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Hell man - I'd be getting on to their customer support and getting them to fix it - it's only 4 days old right ?

It may be faulty.

You could try restoring BIOS defaults - you said you can enter setup ?

Also, you can post here so you obviously have some form of net connection - download a 7 iso to burn - you'll need one eventually.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. djharoldrenny

djharoldrenny MDL Novice

May 12, 2010
    I have a 2nd laptop so thats how am getting online. As far as the ISO DVD, does it have to be the exact HP recovery disc? Cuz I did download one, burned it onto the DVD and it doesn't read it.

6. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    djharoldrenny
    Insert your windows 7 DVD and do a startup repair (select "Repair your computer" and on the recovery console click "startup repair")
    if that does not work then run command prompt from the recovery console and run this commands:
    "bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force"

7. djharoldrenny

djharoldrenny MDL Novice

May 12, 2010
    How do I access the command prompt? I don't see it in the recovery console.

8. djharoldrenny

djharoldrenny MDL Novice

May 12, 2010
    I am awaiting the HP recovery disc to come in. I'll keep you posted on the results.

BTW, what are the chances of the recovery discs not working?

9. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Their purpose is to restore everything on your computer to the state it was in when supplied - so - all partitions etc should be as if the computer just arrived - it should work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...