Very unlucky... just can't understand this

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Takezo, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Takezo

Takezo MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Really strange, I never seen that. Perhaps you have some kind of video driver issue. What is your laptop's brand? Three DVDs is too much!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phasewolf

phasewolf MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    I have seen the same thing on a desktop. Turned out it was a bad video card.

4. koma

koma MDL Novice

May 16, 2008
    it's the rendering :) or a wrong driver or a messed up video card.
    Absolutely not a w7 related problem
    Sorry :(

5. Takezo

Takezo MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
    Probably a bad video driver, tried another one and it was solved, but the driver itself is not very good compared to the one I was using.

Interesting note is that I used this driver (I tried several versions, to see which one was the best for my GPU) with the Ultimate trial with no problems... then I switched to Home Premium (which is my OEM original version) that I downloaded and activated and now this happens... I will try again this with the Ultimate version, just to see if that happens only with Home Premium...

Are you guys sure that it is not a problem with the ISO I downloaded of Home Premium? And I want to enphatize that I am not in any way using tools for piracy, I just downloaded the ISO, but the key is original (came with my laptop).

My laptop is currently a Gateway P7908u, GPU GTX 260M.

6. bassie995

bassie995 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    I don't think it is the ISO you use, but my guess is either bed drivers for your videocard, as some people say. But more likely: You have a broken videocard... Which can lead to some very annoying issues... I just had it, trust me ;).

If I were you, I would try and lend a friend's videocard, and check if that one does the same. Then you at least know that it is either a hardware problem or the drivers. If you take a card that is (almost) the same as yours, and you have the same drivers as your friend, you know if it is a problem with your videocard itself: Try to get one that is the same, or almost. Then try that one and see if it still does this. Then, it is a problem with your PC (drivers etc.).

If you don't know how to replace the videocard in a laptop, just go and ASK someone. Don't try it yourself, for your own sake.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. berdinatilli

berdinatilli MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    looks like bad video driver (issue related to 3d)
    first try turn off aero, if that helps try step two
    try get newer w7 compatible driver...

8. Takezo

Takezo MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
    Ok. I just reinstalled the Home Premium version again. Tried the Ultimate version with no problems as I can remember (with the same drivers). Using it with the same drivers and with no problems. I don't think it's a defective GPU. The interesting thing is that that happens not all the time, sometimes with a lot of windows opened one of them would do that, which could be solved by using the key alt + tab or Windows + D...

The main concern is why that happened. Is not happening now, but I'm gonna stress it and test as many times as I can just to ensure everything is fine. I am currently using the Token Restore software to backup my activation, and it could be the problem. I will test the system, but I think everything is fine now...

Thank you guys for everything