vibox

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kennyboy, Nov 14, 2014.

1. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    i need some help please i have a vibox with a ga-f2a58m-hd2. gigabyte amd rev 3.0 16gb memory. i have downloaded the iso 65805 i have put it in the machine it would not install and now it says i think, bootmgr is missing, press ctrl+alt+del. but nothing happens. i have tried to install it again but it just says the same thing,what have i done wrong and how do i get out of it so i can install again. can some1 please tell me what version should i use and do i use the eicfg-removal tool. can i put this right before going out to get more disc as i dont have dvds left just some advice please.

2. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    well ive been looking at the board to see if i can get round this bootmgr missing but cannot find anything. any1 please.

3. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    ive just been on google but thats not much help. most of the views are payed programmes. just not sure what to do need help.

4. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    just been reading on the net. and some say you have to take hd out and format it, is that right. ive tried everything but not getting any where.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That message can have many causes. The one I dealt with, personally, is that the partition BOOTMGR is on must be NTFS and have a clustersize of max. 4K. Anything bigger and it won't work.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You could create an WinPE Bootable USB Stick with that apps on it and run from there. No need to take out the HDD using that way! If you have an other PC available, which seems you did, I would just take out the HDD, put it in that other machine and do the work there.

Important is that the Track Zero of that HDD in question is OK. That Track contains the needed infos for the computers BIOS for to let the machine use that HDD, the main bootinfos, FAT etc are located at Track Zero and without access to them the computer couldn't use that HDD properly. The HDD LLF Tool will show the Track Zero is OK or not. You could also try HDD Regenerator or similar like HD Sentinel etc. for the check the HDD but not as deep and good as with the HDD LLF Tool.
    Many so self called 'Professionals' today telling that Low Level Formatting isn't in use any more or dangerous or useless or whatsoever, which is just a result of what the HDD Manufacturers or other Pro's telling, but is correct! Even the HDD Manufacturers low level formatting any HDD before they leave the company and again if they come to them for service! Ask yourself: WHY?! The Creator like to sell as much of his products as possible and will try any way to suggest to customers to follow their advice and not what the the customer could or even should do for to keep that product in order and running! In short words: It's Business to sell their products and Business is MONEY!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    thanks pisthai. as you can see from the time of my last post. so i was not sure what to do so i took the hd out put in the caddy and used the LowLevelFormat Tool, it seems to format took about 10 hours lol could only get 27.7mb when it was running so im going to put in back in pc and hope for the best. :(

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009