Video can not be played : K-Lite Mega Codex...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by YessMann, Feb 1, 2013.

1. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I am a "K-Lite Mega Codex with MLC Player" user.
    They (any versions) works OK on WinXP...but,
    MLC Player doesn't work on Win7.
    I have tried the K-Lite Mega Codex tweak-tool and also the K-Lite Win7 tweaks but all are in vein.
    Hence, I can not use other players such as Daum-Potplayer or Format Factory.
    My computer is PackardBell+NEC(cross-brand) Notebook: AMD-athlonXP

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    i'l try for it
    thx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Try VLC player maybe?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yep VLC player is all that is needed codecs included with it no need for separate codec packs.

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Did you catch urie's comment about the codecs being included in VLC Player? That's why I, and others, suggested it. This is a no-brainer. If you want to play movies and can't and nothing is working toward getting that to happen, then something is wrong.

This forum was queried to get a solution. Why fight the solution and resist doing what's suggested? If all you're going to do is resist when solutions are offered, why waste everybody's time asking?

6. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I forgot the name b4 (MLC Player)...
    It is VLC player(icon:123) built in K-Lite Codec which can not be played on PackardBell+NEC(cross-brand) notebook on Win7.
    I dont know why...

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    ive used other codec pack shark007 due to k-lite missing stuff.. this was back 3 yrs ago.

doesnt GOM player also have codecs ?

8. MakeMeBad

MakeMeBad MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2012
    I've been using K-Lite Mega for yrs .... never had a problem with em. :cool:

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  10. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    same here, 6 years to be exact

to those above mumbling about MPC-HC doesn't need codecs... a big LOL, hit yourself with hammer
    MPC-HC uses shared codecs, install it alone and it will use whatever windows has (which is almost nothing)
    if you stiff FFDSHOW with it, then it will use its libavcodec library

then again those who even know what its all about, will know FFDSHOW's solution isn't always good, check their H264 encoder
    it sucks !

therefore, yes MPC-HC needs other codecs

if you can't deal with it, thats your problem