video converter

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by kennyboy, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    #1 kennyboy, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    can any1 recommend a free video converter please. ive tryed with dvdfab and convertxtodvd. ive tryed 3 different films with convertxtodvd and 2 different pc with 2 different writers each time the films lag and are pixels. ive even tryed with dvdfab.uesed the settings generic and then tryed to burn with ashampo but ashampo cannot find video fob so i gave up with dvdfab.ive been and got different dvds.so i know its convertxtodvd. im just looking for a easy to use converter. the file im trying to converter mki files into avi so i can burn them to disc ive been looking at the best software 2012 but im not sure which to use so im asking for advice like i say i just want a simple 1 that will converte and burn or just converte. and i can burn with ashampo or converte and burn with same converter thanks.

ps im useing windows7 64bit thanks
    sorry the films are mkv files thanks

2. edee

edee MDL Novice

May 6, 2011
    I use Any Video Converter Free which can be downloaded here: any-video-converter dot com ( sorry could not post the link as my post count is not high enough :( )
    I am quite happy with it and it can convert to and from virtually any format.

Hope this helps in your decision. ;)

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Someone may be... who doesn't have a standalone mkv player.

;) :D

5. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    i dont know if it can play mkv because ive not been abble to burn it yeto_O

7. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    hmm you say you used x to dvd and your using win 7 64 bit, are you sure there isnt another problem? background programs running anti virus ect. the reason i ask is i use x to dvd to convert mkv mp4 avi to dvd, even 1080p movies and the quality is realy good, how much ram are you running more helps many things affect the output quality of the movie, did you set the program to high quality when converting- it takes a little longer but quality is better :)

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #9 urie, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    What do you mean surly you have manual for your dvd player if not no excuse they can be found on-line then read and find out what formats it supports. As for ConvertX2DVD it is a simple as it gets if your videos are blocky that could due to your source file especially MKV. As for burning MKV to disk you do not do it as dvd video do it as a data disk. At one time I would have recommender freemake video converter but not now it comes with junk i,e, tool bars e.c.t.

9. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    @urie i do have manual and ive been reading it.ive got a panasonic model no sc-xh170 it says it plays divx ive got the code because it says register the code and i can use there divx tools. im a newbie at this video game plus with this windows 7 64bit so im not sure what im doing lol.

10. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    @zen45 the only thing that is running in the back ground is mcafee dont know if thats coursing the problems.so what your saying is to alter all the settings on xtodvd. i have 4g of ram so that should be plenty surely.the only reason im useing mcafee its free for 60 days when thats finished im going to put me on.also how do i do it as a data disk. can i use ashampo to do that like i say im new to this so i dont really understand it thanks for all replys.

11. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    well ive put the codecs in but im at a lose here. ive got 3 films all mkv ive tryed xtodvd dvdfab and mkv that gave me a avi file which i can watch on pc with no problems.but how do i burn the avi on to disc.i about to give up ive altered all the settings in xtodvd but all 3 films give me the same result so what am i doing wrong need help please bevause if i carn do 1 i aint going to do any thanks.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    People who need a great free DVD authoring tool that supports almost every video format, audio format and container should head to Sourceforge and download DVDFlick. No other free utility works as well and it makes no sense to pay for some other program.

I almost never need to convert any formats because my Samsung HDTV plays everything I've thrown at it over a stream or via flash drive.

14. buck1212

buck1212 MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    I've been using realplayer and have found it to be super easy to use which I like. Plus, it's a free download. You can check it out at real.com.

15. naoufal

naoufal MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2013
    ^^ thank you.

16. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I used to spend gobs of time converting mkv files to avi because of limitations of my Philips DVD player. A year ago I bought a Samsung HDTV that plays every single audio and video format that I've thrown at it with USB ports. It plays mkv, ts, mov, mp4, avi, mpg and wmv. I hope I never have to convert another video.

17. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I use AVS video converter to change my video format and this kind of stuff,in Windows 8 Pro without issues.

18. chidau

chidau MDL Novice

May 14, 2013
    I recommend you the program named
    [h=1]Freemake Video Converter 4.0[/h]Download: 9utility.com/freemake-video-converter-installer/