Videos not previewing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Aug 30, 2010.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok, so this is kinda weird. Windows 7 will always show me a pic preview of any movies i have on my movie folder. So i knew what it was before i even clicked on it, even though i can still read the title. No matter what video format it was, i was always able to see that one snap shot of what the movie is. But as of saturday it stop doing it. I have always use VLC but also Windows Media and neither one previews or give me that snap shot of the video. Does anyone have any idea? i dont really care much for it, but if something this small stopped functioning , what else can be going wrong? lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    Open up the properties dialog for the folder in question. Go to Customize tab and select Optimize for Video

3. ffcloud2000

ffcloud2000 MDL Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Did you change the file associations or something?

4. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    i didnt tried that Bob i willt try so tonight

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    to FFcloud, nope no changes whatsoever. It just happened on its own. I was showing my friends some videos from Vegas vacation, and Sunday i open my folder to see others again and there were they just showing me the VLC logo no snap shot preview like always.