VideoStream, Opening Ports and Batch Script?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by HORIZONTAL THINKER, Feb 24, 2017.

1. HORIZONTAL THINKER

HORIZONTAL THINKER MDL Member

Jun 13, 2012
    #1 HORIZONTAL THINKER, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hi all,

Like a lot of people who have a ChromeCast, i use the VideoStream add-on for Chrome to cast movies from local storage.
    I do the occasional O/S re-install just to keep things fresh along with installing Windows on friends/family computers.
    I'm constantly coming across the issue where ports 5556 and 5558 need to be opened manually in order for VideoStream to work correctly.
    So as not to keep having to go into Windows Firewall everytime i do an install of VideoStream and create new inbound/outbound rules on those two ports, i went looking for a batch solution.

Below is what i've been able to cobble together (I absolutely have zero knowledge of coding in any shape or form and haven't tested this batch script yet).

Could one of you more clued up people take a look at what i have and tell me if it would create open inbound/outbound rules for 5556 and 5558.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Code:
    @echo OFF
    netsh firewall add portopening tcp 5556 "VideoStream for ChromeCast" >nul
    netsh firewall add portopening tcp 5558 "VideoStream for ChromeCast" >nul
    Echo. Done....

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    #3 leebo_28, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

If your just shooting for firewall exceptions it worked fine adding to my firewall (Win7X64)..

Attached Files: