virtual split screen

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ierve, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ierve

ierve MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2008
    I Have dell XPS ONE computer, All the hardware is built in to the monitor such as disks drives, it is a all in one system, no tower. I need to install another monitor so that I can run presentation software that allows me to edit in real time what is being displayed on the projector without my editing window being displayed for everyone to see. For the presentation software to run in this specified manner it expects to have two screens configured. The projector is running on wireless network so the vista doesn't reconize the projector as a second screen. I don't have an vga connection or video output on the Dell XPS One neither can i install a video card because this system is not designed with expansion slots. Does anyone have any Ideas like maybe how I can virtually Split one monitor into two screens. I know I can split A Screen but I need the OS to reconize it as two screens. Or maybe some software to configure my wireless projector as the second screen. what about hardware to externally output video. tuner cards want work because they don't configure as second screen. I really dont wont to buy another system for this application, (one with dual VGA output) but I will if I must, Thank all of you.

2. HHOTEK

HHOTEK MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2008
    if i am understanding what your saying correctly i believe you will have to upgrade the video card to a dual