VirtualBox messes up my laptop,it's drivers I think,and makes it slow

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by AnimeFrostyFreak671, Nov 21, 2010.

1. AnimeFrostyFreak671

AnimeFrostyFreak671 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    So yea when I downloaded and installed VirtualBox on my mom's laptop,It began messing up my computer.I downloaded the latest version of VirtualBox,installed it,then it began messing up the WIFI of my laptop so I had to uninstall it,delete the leftovers of it,then reconnect my router because I couldn't connect to the router and have internet connections because it messed my laptops software somehow or something,then after the uninstall and deleting the leftovers of VirtualBox,I rebooted my computer,still couldn't connect to my router to have internet,then disconnected my router's cable/wire and plugged it back in,then I came back to my laptop,clicked on my router which is a Linksys and it connected successfully.
    BTW Please excuse me for using too many commas and stuff like that + I had a run-on sentence going there.
    So yea...
    Another BTW how does that happen?
    I mean it also made my laptop slow so I also formatted it and reinstalled my OS which is Windows 7 Home Premium and everything I mean everything including my OS is perfectly even my games are faster after I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium.:cool:

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And?

sebus

3. AnimeFrostyFreak671

AnimeFrostyFreak671 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #3 AnimeFrostyFreak671, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
    (OP)
    What do you mean by that?

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Exactly! What do YOU mean in first post?

sebus

5. DarkSeedRA

DarkSeedRA MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2010
    AnimeFrostyFreak671,

I assume you wish to use VirtualBox, but it messed with your laptop so you are afraid of installing it again. Please try it again as I believe you had other issues that may have contributed to your issues. Get the latest version from the VirtualBox website (never from another source). Today it is v3.2.1.2. When you do this do not install the "VirtualBox Host-Only Networking" as I have found it can cause some speed issues on the laptops I manage (over 100 of them). When you create Guest VMs make sure you assign two NICs. One for the laptop's NIC and one for the wireless. That way you will always have a connection in your Guest regardless of how you are connected on your host (laptop).

From my personal experience VirtualBox is a far better product than Microsoft’s VirtualPC. It has some very handy capabilities that VirtualPC lacks and it is a much faster virtual host.

DSRA