Virtualizing Office 2013

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by christopher.edward, Mar 25, 2014.

1. christopher.edward

christopher.edward MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2014
    Hi there,
    I have tried to create a portable version of Microsoft Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit using:
    Vmware Player
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
    Vmware Thinapp
    Microsoft Office 2013 RTM VL: SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2013_W32_English_MLF_X18-55138.ISO

First, I have made a Prescan using Vmware Thinapp, then I have installed Microsoft Office 2013 and activated it with a genuine product key, and then I have made a Postscan using Vmware Thinapp and successfully created a virtualized application and selected "Restricted write access" in thinapp.

The problem is that when I run the created portable office 2013 on my Windows 8 or any other system, I get this error message:
    "Microsoft Office can't find your license for this application. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled. Microsoft Office will now exit."
    and then the program exit itself.Eventhough that the portable office that I have made works fine with no problems on the Windows 7 that I have used to create the portable app.

Please don't tell me about KMS or any other....
    Please help, I am trying to create a portable office 2013 using a genuine product key.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009