Vista 32 Bit OS help for Dell Inspiron 1721

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Timwolve, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    My Inspiron 1721 vista is being very buggy.. i want to do a fresh instal but i cant due to not having the recovery disk.. let alone driver disk.. so what can i do?

I have the vistas key and everything.. isent there a way Microsoft would just let you download it or something?

I know Dell has replacement diskes.. or did at one point But i dont have the funds on me..
    and i thought they were just for drivers and apps..

I need to get this laptop fixed.. so please if anyone can help with advice.. Or even better, donate a Dell Inspiron 1721 recovery disk or something that would be great

2. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    whats an ISO? o.o see im still learning on the newer things :/

3. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    also like i sead i dont have any vista OEM disk for this dell :( so im kinda screwed hence why im seeing if anyone can help me on here

4. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    well goodnews i found that factory image thing However when it trys to reformate at the middle of it an error appears.. No words or anything just a thing that says error then the Okay butten.. :/ it wont reformat so what else can i do?

5. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    Not really not besides the error has no words Nothing its just a small box with a large red thing like a stop sign sept theres a big white X inside of it and below that is a butten that says Ok thats it.. and for the tittle bar ontop of the box it just says ERROR

thats it :/ happens each time i try to reformat with the factory image thing

6. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    #6 Timwolve, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    (OP)
    figured that out so where do i find the ISO on there o.o

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Timewolve, normally dell recovery disks are free.

8. Netrunner

Netrunner MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2010
    great thx, I need 5 posts xD

9. Timwolve

Timwolve MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    really? o.o where D:

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You contact dell support. If your computer came with install disks your are entitled to one replacement set if you happen to misplace or lose them.