Vista -> 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by digitara, Nov 19, 2009.

1. digitara

digitara MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    Hi

I am a bit confused concerning all the informations given in the forums of digital life.

I have my computer runnung Windows Vista in the moment with a modded bios and slic and it works pretty fine.

If I want to change to Windows 7 and download a full version as is said in your tutorial ...

Will it work with the same bios and slic or do I need different bios/slic combinations and new keys.
    (Do I have to work with a loader ? - This didnt work for Vista - why should it do for 7 ?)
    Is there any tutorial how to manage this.

As you can see I am confused how to manage a chjange to Windows 7 in a secure way.

Tnx in advance
    digitara

2. psyko12

psyko12 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2007
    You'd need to update your bios mod to SLIC 2.1 if you have not done that yet because win7 needs 2.1 SLIC for activation, there are tools found on the repository for that. After that it's smooth sailing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. maxdebesciak

maxdebesciak MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
  4. digitara

digitara MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    #4 digitara, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  5. johndenver3210

johndenver3210 MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    Thanks! I was missing 2.1 of SLIC to do it.

6. maxdebesciak

maxdebesciak MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    if you have ami or award bios, its easy to do it yourself, if u have phoenix bios u probably have to look for a modded one or make a request in a proper thread.
    w7 certs are compatible with vista, so if u mod it to slic 2.1 you will still be able to activate your vista.

for w7 u need w7 OEM:SLP keys
    for vista u need vista OEM:SLP keys
    (all of them can be found on MDL)

7. digitara

digitara MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    tnx - did it :)

kind regards Digitara