Vista Activation Failed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by willis127, Jan 2, 2008.

1. willis127

willis127 MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2008
    Alright kinda new to this but this is what I got. I dled vista ultimate x86 from torrent. I got the Bios Mod (Asus P5N-E SLI Ver. 0602) from the sticky. I flashed the Bios, Installed the License, Changed The Key.

Every Time I slmgr.vbs -ato It says "Error: Product Activation Failed"

I have
    Windows Vista Ultimate V. 6.0.6000 Build 6000

Another thing. Even Though I have Asus License installed, Asus Bios Flashed, Everything says Dell (product activation, getting started)

Do I need to DL new version of Vista Ultimate ?

2. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    sounds like to me you grabbed the Dell OEM off torrent...and it would require a Dell Slic Table..Dell Certificate and the Dell Product key....try and grab a retail....I would bet if your looked inside that Vista you got...you'd find a PID.txt in the sources folder with a Dell Key..and in the $OEM$ folder you'd see a Dell Certificate.

3. willis127

willis127 MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2008
    I do have a DELL Key in the Sources\PID.txt file. So can I change all this by downloading a full RTM version of Vista Ultimate ?

4. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    by getting a retail...you won't have to change the SLIC information that is modded in your (Asus P5N-E SLI Ver. 0602) bios....I'm assuming it was modded with the ASUS SLIC table...then using a retail you just need to import the ASUS Certificate and change to the ASUS Key....if your bio's was inserted with a Dell SLIC you wouldn't be posting....LOL

5. willis127

willis127 MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2008
    Thanks For All THe Help

Finally Got it working. Instead of re-downloading a new version of Vista Ult. I downloaded the updated Bios from Asus and cbromed in the ISA from automod's Dell folder. After I flashed I logged in and slmgr -ato and it activated. Thanks Though I would have never figured it out with your help. although it was a suspicion of mine..... it would have taken a whole day and a half to redownload and reinstall Vista and now Im completley activated. Thanks again