Vista Activation possible with Intel i7 CPU and Intel motherboard???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ralph659, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ralph659

Ralph659 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    Hello,

I have a new Intel i7 920 CPU and a new Intel DX58SO motherboard.
    I have tried numerous Vistaloaders but none seems to work on my system while they work fine on older computers I have here.
    I think it has to do something with SLIC not available or so...

I know you people ask to create an Acpiscope report but that Acpiscope program doesn't seem to work on a 64bit Vista... I tried the suggestion about disabling "driver signing enforcement" by pressing F8 at start and to run it as Admin but I still receive an error "Driver failed to start".

Can you do something with the image I took of my ACPI in Everest (in attachment)?

I also tried the Wow5-tool but then I'm receiving an error after the last reboot: "Your program caused a divide overflow error. If the problem persists, contact your program vendor. The following file is missing or corrupt: Command.com. Type in the command of the Command Interpretor (e.g. c:\windows\command.com)". I'm not able to boot anymore when I install the Wow5-tool.

Can someone please help me and explain me what I can do to finally get my Vista Ultimate activated? I'm searching and trying for several days almost fulltime now to get my Vista activated:confused:

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attached Files:

• acpi.jpg
      acpi.jpg
      File size:
      104.3 KB
      Views:
  2. odinthegreatone

odinthegreatone MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2008
    It should be possible, just put in a request for a mod bios.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You will probably have to use the wow loader. If it doesnt work as is, upload an .ats report to the thread for development of WOW. Yen and Flagmax are the genius' behind the project. Very good to work with:D

As of now, no way to manipulate these bios..AFAIK

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. odinthegreatone

Dec 4, 2008
    we can only hope for new bios tools to mod them :)

5. Ralph659

Ralph659 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    Is there anyone yet who has been able to Activate Vista with the new Intel I7-processor and an Intel motherboard?

I have a new Intel i7 920 CPU and a new Intel DX58SO motherboard.
    A few weeks ago, I tried every Vista Loader available and WOW5 but none of them seemed to do the trick...
    While they worked perfectly on my older pc...

Now my 30 days before obligatory activation are almost over...
    I would really hate it to reinstall everything again...

Thanks in advance,
    Ralph

6. odinthegreatone

Dec 4, 2008
    So every method doesn't work, even bios mod?

7. Ralph659

Ralph659 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    Indeed, none of the Vista Loaders seem to get the job done on this configuration and neither do the WOW-versions.

What do you mean with Bios Mod?
    Do you mean having my latest bios version modified by someone?

Regards,
    Ralph

8. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Yes. That's what he means. I'm not sure if anyone has tried bios mods with I7 yet tho.

9. bill875

bill875 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2008
    It is my understanding that Intel motherboard BIOS' are impossible to mod to add a SLIC to since they are not AMI or Award, but Intel's proprietary BIOS. I have been hoping for a SLIC BIOS solution for my bargain basement $5 Intel D945PVS and $10 D955XBK motherboards, but it seems they will become OSX86 machines or continue to run XP until I put them out to pasture.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    An AcpiScope report or at least a Everest overview of the acpi tables would be nice to have a look why wow isn't working. What about latest 6.0.1?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. luka1002

luka1002 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2009
    #11 luka1002, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  12. dbase

dbase MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2009
    any other updates on this?

still waiting for a solution. getting desperate. may have to install xp :(

13. tas

tas MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    #13 tas, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
    I hope not reduced to using XP, its a crappy gaming OS an I just spent over 2000$ on my new I7 an top of the line 6 gig ram :(. Why would they deliberately block you from using Vista ? it doesn't make sence at all. Everyone I know has found they cant run vista past the 30 days. Yesterday I formatted it an came up "Validation successful" or something like that, then as soon as I installed LAN drivers an the router came on BAM! back to 30 days.

I am worried I just wasted all my money an wont be able to use it without spending 700$ on a vista key with money I don't have. Should I be thinking about taking the machine back an telling them its faulty because you cant run an OS on it ?...

Excuse my lack of knowledge on this stuff as I am not a computer expert, only a gamer an getting frustrated at formatting 4 times in a row so far.

A friend of mien sugests I use "windows server 2008" but I dont know if this is a stable gaming system ?

14. BulldogPO

BulldogPO MDL Junior Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Any progress on this one?

15. HKPolice

HKPolice MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2009
    How does this WoW activator work? I extracted all files to C drive and it ran the bat file but nothing changed??

16. TyphoonX

TyphoonX MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    HKPolice, I have the same problem ... But here is written something about older version of WoW 5.2.2 I haven't found anywhere. Please, help !!!

17. TheBandit

TheBandit MDL Novice

May 13, 2009
    i have the same problem too.............i try all vista loader with sp1....and today i test with sp2 and vistaloader4 from orbit30......its the same problem.......my i7 + intel board dx58so + vista didn't activating.........but last week i try vista sp1 with i7 + asus rampage II extreme is working fine........:D:D

18. TheBandit

TheBandit MDL Novice

May 13, 2009
    #18 TheBandit, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
    problem solved........i7 + intel dx58so + vista sp 2......i try wow 6 and its activating...................thanks guys..:D

19. Cesium137

Cesium137 MDL Novice

May 15, 2009
    idk why everyone has had issues activiating vista with the new i7 and intel boards i have the dx58so and i7 920 chipset and simply used (gasp) microsoft to my advantage and went through their online help to activate my vista ultimate 64
    took 15 minutes of my life...i think i can spare that