Vista Anytime Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by stonedagain, Feb 9, 2010.

1. stonedagain

stonedagain MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I have a Toshiba laptop which came with Vista home premium pre-installed. Can I use the Anytime upgrade disc which came with it, to upgrade to Vista Ultimate using a Toshiba Ultimate OEM key?
    Cheers

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    yes but wouldn't you not be better just making a toshiba Vista untimate OEM dvd use slic dump toolkit posted on forum to grab your certificate. then read the sticky on how to make vista OEM dvd it is very easy to do.

3. stonedagain

Sep 30, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid re-installing some automotive diagnostic software I am using on it. It took ages to get that working properly.

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stonedagain

Sep 30, 2009
    Thanks for your help, but I've decided to leave well alone for now. When I tried the anytime upgrade disc, the upgrade option showed "disabled".
    The only available option was for a clean install.

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Good plan, I have a friend with an XP system we just won't touch because she has proprietary software for psychological evaluations that is pretty much irreplaceable. And no, I don't let her evaluate me, or at least if she does I don't want to know about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...