vista enterprise edition activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pateal, Mar 17, 2008.

1. pateal

pateal MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2008
    Hi all

We have vista enterprise edition volume version with MAK key . I had installed vista in one of my laptop . I entered that MAK key while installing. From installing on wards it is showing that 30days remaining and going on it is saying that 1 day remaining for activation .whenever i am trying to activate vista it is saying an error that NO DNS infromation found and error no . ****** some what like that may i know how to activate it . I don't have any kms server and i don't any thing about volume activation

2. techtype

techtype MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2007
    MAK key does not require contact with kms server, it needs to contact Microsoft one time to activate. You will have to be online of course. Turn off any firewalls and try. DNS problem may also be caused by your network. Try connecting from outside your school or business network.

3. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    then why are you using vista enterprise?

4. pateal

pateal MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2008
    got it

hi thanks to every body

i got it today morning

actually what happened is about one month back i had installed windows vista enterprise edition in laptop suddenly yesterday evening while i am logging in it says an error that windows not activated .by saying likethat it shown me2 options one is activation though online now second one is change product key . when i am trying to activate it is saying me an error that no dns information found . what i had done is i take the backup and again formatted and installed it again . and at this time i had disabled the firewall and started activation finally i got it today morning