Vista Home Basic Emachine OEM issue

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Skullzy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Skullzy

Skullzy MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Hey, am new to the forum but i've been trying to figure something out for a while and thats how to create an OEM vista installation disc.

It's not for me it's for another family member who owns an Emachine i fallowed the Post on "Making your own Vista oem disc" but before I Try it on the laptop i wanted to try it on my desktop pc to make sure it worked and it was still legit..

the problem is I done everything which the Topic said but i was not able to get it to become geniune the cdkey installed but am not sure if the XRM-MS file did or did not.

because i never knew what or how to get the xrm-ms file (the post does not explain this bit) i done a bit of searching and found out that you could retreave it yourself by using a binary editor so thats what i did i used a binary editor on the token.dat file and was able to grab it from there and i saved it as Emachine.XRM-MS.

But it wont Activate and i was Woundering perhaps if there was something i was doing wrong.

I created the PID.TXT file

Then I Created the Fallowing folders $OEME/$$/SYSTEM32/OEM

and inside the OEM folder i put my XRM-MS FILE " Emachine.XRM-MS "

The CD i used to create this was a retail one.

The Laptop is Running Windows Vista Home Basic SP2

I Got the Serial key by using a software which allowed me to get it from the laptop and i downloaded Vista Home Basic SP2 Retail.

I then PUT the PID file and the $OEM$ folder along with everything inside it into the sources folder on the vista iso then i burnt it installed it on my pc to double check it worked and nothing happend.

My main issue is that i dont want to install this on the laptop then it not working and the laptop has lost it's legit copy of vista.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also am woundering if maybe it's because i download the SP2 copy of vista home basic and maybe if i used just a normal vista retail cd would that perhaps resolve the problem?

I am computer literate and understand a lot of things about computers but creating an OEM DISC is new to me

SO Any thoughts, sugestions or help would be Greatly appreciated... thanks and speak soon

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    is your desktop an Emachine with a SLIC 2.0 in bios? If not, it will not activate.

you can find the serials/certs/slic in the stickies.You only need a cert and a serial for a machine that originally had vista installed by OEM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...