vista install iso

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by speersy, Aug 5, 2012.

1. speersy

speersy MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
    I have an hp vista install cd and need to install on a non hp machine can I make a iso and edit it to work on new machine.
    I have tried to down load the vista iso from this page but it seems to have been removed.
    Can any buddy tell me how to make the iso file or point me to a downloadable iso.
    I have a key for vista business.
    thanks

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Make your ISO file from your HP dvd then when in iso editing program go to sources folder and delete $OEM$ folder there should be a file called PID.txt in sources you can either delete it or edit the file and change the serial number to your business serial that way you do not need to enter serial when installing vista.

Another point is say for example your HP machine came with vista Home Premium you can just change the pid.txt file to Ultimate serial for example and your machine will install ultimate and pre activate do not delete the $OEM$ folder it contains other files i,e, a certificate that must match SLIC 2.0 string in bios. Look here for Vista-OEM-SLP-keys

3. Megatimbomb

Megatimbomb MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hello all, I am new to this forum so please bear with me,as i understand from reading various posts installing windows from scratch or upgrading you can go from basic to ultimate ,with the right key and certificates,my questions are as follows

Q1, i have a custom built pc using an Asrock AMD motherboard with an old Xp2400 chip in it,the bios is AMI ACPI 1.1 (SM bios 2.3.1 support) is it possible to do it on this old kit?

Q2 I would like to install Vista Ultimate ,i do have a legit Vista Home premium DVD,could you walk me through how i can install Ultimate and more importantly Activate it (as ultimate)?

Q3 I have used ulta /powerISo mainly with games so know you can add files to images etc,which files bit confused? as people refer to Branded Pc`s like acer etc?

Q4 Please Baby step me through the process :biggrin:

Q5 there is no question 5 sorry couldnt resist :biggrin:

I dont really want to mess around flashing bios if possible as its a single bios board so might risk bricking it :unsure:

thanks for any help you can give,i think this is a brilliant site BTW Regards M

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Megatimbomb, if you don't want to flash your bios with a bios mod then you have no option other than to use Daz loader.Also why install vista when you could install windows 7.

5. Megatimbomb

Megatimbomb MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    #5 Megatimbomb, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    Hello Urie ,thanks for the reply,i wanted to install ultimate,just to test ,my old computer componants,as mentioned got the old Athlon Xp 2400 ,running on an Asrock K7S8X, i have read that the Asrock Bios is a bit iffy about being zapped and read that someone killed the bios chip on the same board as i had,and had to get a new Bios chip (no onboard backup like my Fav Gigabyte boards) :)
    I have Daz loader will try it out :) thanks for the tip

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes a lot of ASRock board have no bios recovery at all to save space on bios chip. Yes Daz loader will work.
    Windows-Loader-Current-release-information

7. Megatimbomb

Megatimbomb MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hello Urie,thanks once again,looking down the list ,what does the E and N version mean? eg Windows Ultimate E

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. Megatimbomb

Megatimbomb MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks Urie ,note to self ,use the search box thingy :eek: you can tell i`ve not been on a forum for a long time :)