Vista Loader 3.0.1 Does Not Work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jedinight2002, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jedinight2002

jedinight2002 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
  2. Larus

Larus MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    It depends on what kind of BIOS your motherboard has. A few ones are unfortunately "invulnerable" to soft-mods. Please give some more details.

PS. Did you turn-off UAC before patching ?

3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #3 petar, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jedinight2002

jedinight2002 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
    #4 jedinight2002, Jun 9, 2008
    (OP)
  5. Larus

Larus MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    #5 Larus, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
    It isn't an error, just a info/warning. But patching is done.

It's possible :/ You can easily check it with Everest:
    1. Uninstall any cracks/patches .
    2. In Everest look at Motherboard->ACPI and check if SLIC table exist or not.
    3. If SLIC table exist you can only mod your bios - softmods won't work. If no SLIC table whatsoever softmod should work flawelessly.

It's sufficient.

It's strange with BCD error but possible. VistaLoader installs own bootloader basen on GRUB and that's may fail somehow. You could install v 2.1.2 version - it includes some fixes.

PS. Did you change the key for Dell Vista using slmgr.vbs?

6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Dont get me wrong, I'm only trying to point something...:D

The keys manufacturer doesnt mater as long it is compatible with the version of Vista.
    Ultimate key from Dell will work on Vista Ultimate for FSC, ACER e.c.t.
    The oposite is also true, ACER Ultimate key will work on OEM Dell Vista Ultimate and so on.

You can try instaling some other key on your komputer that doesnt belong to your manufacturer.
    For exemple if you have Dell OEM computer and Dell cert, try instaling a key from a deferent manufacturer, like ASUS.
    You will see that Vista remains activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Larus

Larus MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry for confusion! I thought the key had to exactly match the certificate. Being exchangeble it's easier than I thought :)

Thanks for clarification!

8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    No problem at all, this will also be of use to other members as well.
    Sorry if I get you ofended in some way...:(

Have a nice day...:D

9. jedinight2002

jedinight2002 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2008
    #9 jedinight2002, Jun 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
    (OP)
    I have checked in Everest, NO SLIC table - so we should be looking to SoftMod right? I am wandering whether the customised bios from the OEM that supplied my comp is to blame (basically, they have added their serial numbers and logo using the Intel Integrator Toolkit). I have just re-flashed it using the latest BIOS, without using the Intel Integrator Toolkit and it worked fine, but it is still showing in the BIOS screen as "BIOS modified using Intel Integrator Toolkit"

I find the versions confusing :confused: - I have 3.0.0 (torrent called "No Bulls**t Vista SP1 Loader 3.0) and 3.0.0.1 (Dasumo April 17), i have assumed that the Dasumo is the latest. Have you got a torrent for the version you recommend?

Nope because i was under the impression that 3.0.0.1 does that bit (although it is all hidden - no CMD windows).

You have been really helpful so far Larus :)- I am so close i am certain!!! :eek:

Thanks.

10. TehBuG

TehBuG MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2007
    Dammit, my Quotes wont work.... >.<

anyways...

I have performed a completely fresh install of Vista SP1 Ultimate (not in safe mode, because you cannot run it in safe mode), then run the crack straight away (I have tried both Vista Loader 3.0 and Vista Loader 3.0.0.1), rebooted and nothing has changed, I'm still being prompted for 30 day activation.
    /Quote

lol quite teh workaround for quotes eh

im not certian, but i think there is your problem. you need to boot into safe mode. ither go with sp0 and load the loader, then update, or get safe mode some other way. updates etc if that will give you safemode. but without it, if i rember, it wont work.

11. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
  12. Larus

Larus MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    #12 Larus, Jun 14, 2008