vista oem license

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by chester, Jan 23, 2009.

1. chester

chester MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2009
    HI.I have an Acer Aspire with Windows Vista Home Premium.The OS was preinstaled and i am wondering if i can save some files to make an SLp DVD.Like xp, you have to copy the 4 oembios files and replace the files that are on the cd.(xp must be activated before copying the 4 files)is this posible?

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    There are no oembios files for a Vista installation. Vista uses a digital certificate that corresponds to the slic information in your bios and a oem slp key. You will need to extract the digital certificate and the key from your system. Once you have these two items then you can make a oem Vista DVD. The tools and knowledge you need to extract the certificate, key, and making your own oem DVD can all be found on this forum. Do a search.

Note: Acer slic, certificate, and key has already been extracted and documented on this site and on the internet and available to you but it is best to extract the ones you have as you may have one that has yet to be documented.

3. chester

chester MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2009
    ok.thank you reginakampher.i read you topic on how to extract that certificate.now i only have to try:)