Windows Vista OEM SLP keys

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by reginakampher, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Georgia

Georgia MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2008
    Bit confused by this Vista product key business

I bought a new laptop (Samsung R510) and with it I was sold Vista Home and Student. I didn't realise that Microsoft have decided to charge people £20million just to use Outlook so I've come online to see if I can find a Product Key just for Outlook. I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, so I'm a bit confused if I can use the codes that you have posted up?

I would really appreciate it if someone could just nudge me in the right direction!

Thank you

Georgia

2. pincopallino

pincopallino Guest

take my pcs code off now because i bought it do it or else

3. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    You can use any of the listed Ultimate keys.

Outlook came bundled with older operating systems. Vista comes with Windows Mail. You can use this or Windows Live Mail if you plan to use a hotmail email address. If your account is not a hotmail address, or a POP3 account, you may want to ither check your email directly from the website or look into a different 3rd party application that supports POP3.

The product ID and keys listed in this thread are factory SLP keys and are not personal keys. These SLP keys are used on every machine they ship. Your personal key will be located on the COA sticker on the outside of the PC case and are OEM COA keys which have to be phone activated and are differnt than keys listed here.

4. Georgia

Georgia MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2008
    Thank you for your help. I looked at Windows Mail, but it doesn't have a good calendar, which is why I want outlook. I use it for work. Is there anyway I can get it or is the best option Windows Mail?

5. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    You would be better suited to have posted a new thread rather than posting it in this one so more people can help.

This thread was created to collect Vista OEM SLP keys to make restore disks for OEM machines.

While your in here, I noticed that you said it was a new Samsung with Vista.

Would you mind looking at the system properties to see if the machine came with an OEM SLP key?

If you right click My Computer icon and choose Properties, at the bottom in the Windows Activation section where it says "Product ID" does the ID begin with one of these below:

89580-OEM-7332204
    or
    89572-OEM-7332166
    or
    89578-OEM-7332157
    or
    89576-OEM-7332141
    or
    89580-OEM-7332132

If it does match one of these ID's would you mind sharing the key so we can add it to the list? This is not your personal key, the private key, is located on the sticker that is on the bottom of the laptop case. I can explain how to see and save the factory installed SLP key.

6. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    #107 ZaForD, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. teknomedic

teknomedic MDL Member

May 5, 2007
    I have an ID that doesn't seem to match any other IDs in the list.

It's from a Gateway and the first section numbers from the OEM ID don't match (but come close)... the rest of the numbers after "OEM" match the already listed Gateway ID for Home Premium... is this needed... or would the difference in the first set mean it's my personal ID and I shouldn't share it?

8. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    It means the localization/language of your OS. It doesn't actually depends on the installed key.

9. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
  10. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    #112 reginakampher, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  11. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    Losing this post to neglect... but no more!

Can someone "Sticky" this?

Luv U guys and thanks for the hard work Regina!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I agree, but where do you stop i managed to get How to make your own Vista OEM DVD as a sticky , this is a great forum with lots of members who really try to help, but the search engine is bad you search for a certain bios mod you can't get it . I know why some peeps can't find anything, and every day things are moving forward.
    But Regina, really tries hard bad enough being a mod on a forum without being asked to do bios mods as well i am a mod on another forum it does take a lot of work and time. But enough talk yes i agree Vista OEM SLP keys should be a sticky but as i said where do you stop.:)

13. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Thing is if it's sticky, some new occasional visitors with new laptops may see it and may be kind enough to share some new SLP keys... and if this thread is lost on old pages, there's no even this little chance...

14. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    I have resisted to make this thread a sticky as the sticky section is quite large. I will succumb and your wish is granted as I have also received requests to make this thread a sticky via PM. Enjoy.

15. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    Thank you very much and welcome to the forum. Database has been updated with the Acer Ultimate key

16. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    #119 Suicide Solution, Nov 13, 2008
    Small update to incomplete Home basic key section. This PID is listed already, but has no info at all. This is the partial key and manufacture.

Code:
    *****-*****-M26PW-KW8J3-Y9GY8 --- 89572-OEM-7332166-00239 --- HCL

17. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    #120 Suicide Solution, Nov 13, 2008