Vista Oem Sources Folder Project

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ciscokid, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
  2. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I have a few that may be interesting. I have attempted to start an extensive collection of the following:

XRM-MS license certificates
    Slic/Bios Bins associated with the XRM-MS certificates
    OEM Logos/Images/Wallpapers/OOBE related files

This is my list so far. Most of the OEMs I have removed 90% of the OEM data except for logos/images/wallpapers/screensavers. I removed the offers & related links/data, as well as tour/advisor information. Some of the OEM's I got off the internet.. which are clearly not from an actual OEM computer.

Abit (No Cert/Bin)
    Acer
    Asus
    Asrock (No Cert/Bin)
    BenQ
    Dell
    ECS (No Cert/Bin)
    Fujitsu-Siemens
    Gateway/E-Machine
    Gigabyte (No Cert/Bin)
    Haier Dragon
    HP/Compaq
    IBM/Lenovo
    LG
    MSI (No Cert/Bin)
    NEC
    Neo
    Samsung
    Sony
    TCL
    Toshiba

For the manufacturer's with multiple certificates or OEM information, I only have one version of them. I do not have any screensavers (Although I can get them for Sony/HP/Gateway/Acer/Asus/Toshiba/Dell where applicable).

I am also looking for a way (since I do not have the actual restore DVDs), to insert the XRM-MS certificate into a vista image WITHOUT actually installing the program and capturing it with ImageX (I find capturing with imagex very unclean since I don't know what other files imagex could collect)

If anyone has anything to add to this collection, I will post it when it has been completed to a pretty good degree.

3. Crusi

Crusi MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dumppq

dumppq MDL Junior Member

Mar 3, 2008
    I'd like to have the stuffs that I don't have yet for an NEC OEM ... :D Many thanks to ciscokid for patching the NEC bin for me! (still haven't gotten a chance to try her out :p)

5. ciscokid

Jun 3, 2007
    Yep, the $OEM$ folder goes inside the SOURCES folder. You can insert it with ISO tools like PowerISO or MagicISO.

This is great!! I'm glad to see that people want to get involved in this. We should be able to make any OEM DVD just like the originals if everyone contributes.

I know you can make quasi-OEM DVD's by copying the key and certificate to a retail DVD but this way, we're making REAL OEM DVD's including wallpapers and logos. All you have to do it zip up and upload the $OEM$ folder from your original OEM DVD that hopefully came with your system.

By the way, be sure to include the PID.txt file from your DVD into the zip file, just in case.

6. kt3x

kt3x MDL Member

May 1, 2007
    anyone post hp oem thanks

7. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I will post a download link to my current list either today or tomorrow.

8. crazyPC

crazyPC MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2008
    Excellent idea i wish more people would contribute. Regarding the ASUS OEM folder I dont find a SETUP/Scripts folder like there is on DELL which actually contains the setup instructions(DELL.xml, SYSTEM.CMD etc) ?? Is the scripts folder for ASUS located elsewhere ???

9. qpok

qpok MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    So do I have a working Asus oem dvd if I used the verson that has the instructions missing? Or does it just mean I won't have the OEM logos? I have yet to test the DVD I made as I'm waiting for new ram & processor to arrive before I install x64.

Does this work with the SP1 integrated version? Read on another forum that it wouldn't work anymore :eek:

10. Chriss71

Chriss71 MDL Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Dear ciscokid!

Sounds good what you will do!
    I have downloaded your link and its exactly the same Licence File und Serialnumber who are from the Paradox EMU Toolkit.
    So, exactly what I wrote on different threads here that the 4 Licences from the Paradox Toolkit are ORIGINAL Licences und Serialnumbers from OEM Machines.
    So, nobody have to fear the the will kill the certificates in the future.:)
    If MS do that, the original Asus OEM Users will kill Microsoft.:D

Bye

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    you aint looked far the Dell OEM folder is in sources\$OEM$

the $OEM$ folder plus PID.TXT in sources is all you need to post.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. ciscokid

Jun 3, 2007
    The certificates work will all flavors of Vista, it all depends which SLP key you use that determines Home Premium or Ultimate.

14. ciscokid

Jun 3, 2007
    Hi, Urie. The auto patch program might be a good way to go with this, so far only one person has uploaded their $OEM$ folder. I thought this project would generate more sharing. :(

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #18 urie, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. ciscokid

Jun 3, 2007