Vista SP1 Install Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by petar, Apr 9, 2008.

1. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #1 petar, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Anyone knows how to stop this stupid installation ?
    I`m stuck at "Stage 3 of 3" while booting and "Cinfiguring Updates" while shut down.Restarting many times over and over does not help.
    :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mgxbox

mgxbox MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2008
    Make sure all antivirus and other software are uninstall or disable especially emulation software like Daemon Tools before updating to SP1 or you will be stuck! I bet you never read the Microsoft SP1 instructions before updating.

4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    mgxbox thaks for your reply, but there is something that I forgot to mention...
    I`ve even done what microsoft is calling a minimal or clean boot, that in fact is: Only microsoft programs and services are runung just like when you first install your OS without any other thirdparty software, drivers or services, or even cracks that I dont need becouse I`m using BIOS with SLIC in it.

5. jasqid

jasqid MDL Member

Feb 10, 2008
    There are several pre-requisite updates to install that eleviate this issue. I dont recall what they are off hand, but google it and you'll find it. One update deals with the perpetual rebooting you have...

6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #6 petar, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
    (OP)
    jasquid tnx for your reply, as i wrote in my first "I`ve installed the three pre SP1 updates"...
    I forgot to number them, so here they are KB937287, KB935509 and KB938371, and they are only needed when you install via Automatic updates, the stand alone packadge dont need them to be installed,and as I later found out the problem was coused by Conexant and Intel Drivers and Symantec Security Software.
    And the perpetual booting that I have is not the same as discribed in microsoft articals and allso in many forums.
    I think that the temp files needed for the installation of SP1 some how got corupted and now the installation cant end up with an error and cant finish succesifuly.
    It is trying again and again to finish the install proces and I can log on to windows without any problem.
    The only problem is that when I try to check for new updates it is saying that the previous install proces has not finished and asks for restart, the same goes when I try to start new installation os SP1.
    And one more think, I`m more interested in recovering from this situation not becouse of the time needed to reinstal everithing, I`m more interested to find a solution to this.
    As I can see from the event viewer : Windows Servicing started a process of changing package KB936330(Service Pack) state from Staged(Staged) to Staged(Staged)
    while restarting thecomputer, the installation of service pack is allready running, I think it should look like this:
    Windows Servicing started a process of changing package KB936330(Service Pack) state from Absent(Absent) to Staged(Staged)
    If anyone knows how to stop this install proces let me know.
    Thanks once more for your interset in resolving this issue. :)