Vista SP2 Loader 4.1 problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by NaZAf, Aug 12, 2009.

1. NaZAf

NaZAf MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
  2. potpotjeng

potpotjeng MDL Novice

May 29, 2009
    i have the same experince with that on my acer emachine e725 with insyde bios.the only way i was able to get out of it is to reinstall windows again and erase the partition of the existing os installed.as i tried,no luck in activating it via any bootloader available.

3. NaZAf

NaZAf MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Hi potpotjeng,
    Yes I also have Acer E725 with Insyde bios :(. So the only way is to format my partition first??

Isn't there any other way to get windows back?

thanks!!

4. NaZAf

NaZAf MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    What does Vista Loader do? Does it modify my BIOS?

5. NaZAf

NaZAf MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    It was pretty easy. If this happens to any of you, just go to C: using Vista DVD and delete the grldr file, which is hidden there:

attrib -s -r -h grldr
    del grldr

done!!

6. Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2007
    i think it got detected with one of the windows updates released earlier today.

7. vodanh

vodanh MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    #7 vodanh, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    I had to post to at least say thank you for finding the simple fix. I had to load the hardrive on another computer to delete it. The dvd itself wouldn't boot the installation because it was 64 but, and i think the loader on the dvd for 64 bit is.. only 32 bit.. anyways, nice fix. I wish I had found this last night because I did a whole reinstall today when I could have fixed it in minutes. version 4.1 seems to lock it up everytime like that.

8. potpotjeng

potpotjeng MDL Novice

May 29, 2009
    in my case , i have no control on the computer because i only have black screen with a blinking cursor and nothing happens even if you press any key.what i did to recover is to put back my vista install dvd and boot from it and start re installation process. I just delete the partition during within the process of installation till i finished it but on a 30 day trial.