Vista sp2 x64 on HP Probook 4710s

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gogx, Aug 25, 2009.

1. gogx

gogx MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Hi

this is my first poste on this web side. So, hi to all.

So to get to the point. First of im a total noob when it comes to Notebooks, tod that bioses in Notebook are same as in Desktops...wrong....lol

My lapy came with freeDos so no windows on it. First of i installed vista...drivers ec. First it sed that i have 30days to activate windows ok than i rebuted and chacked again and windows was activated i tod wow great. Instaled sp2 and updated from windows web all was going well. The lapy worked for a day till stupid me decidet to update bios from f06 to f08 from hp web. I updated all ok but then i went in windows and there was 15days laft to activate. Well, a realy good move from me locking my windows.

There was no activator that worked. So i instaled Xp wich are working good, but i want Vista. So i srched the web and came to this forum wich has some good info on my problem. But im a litle confused coz of my lack of comp. knowlage how to make it work.

I chacked in Everest if i have that SCLi ting going on in my bios but cant seem to find it so i think it isnt there.

So my q! is what to do now i realy would like to get a steb bay step guide to get this working.

Tx for reading this and for your help
    gogx

2. gogx

gogx MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    anny one else got some info that hp think didnt work

Should i try Windows Vista Tool Kit 1,6 ?

Do you think that might work?

3. master89x

master89x MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    WarriorCZ,
    I have like the same version of the notebook you've tested (6730b is mine).
    I've been typing this command and I've successfully enabled SLP.
    What should I do after that?
    I've checked with Everest, there's a SLIC entry available in my ACPI.

4. WarriorCZ

WarriorCZ MDL Junior Member

Jul 18, 2008

Install Vista with HP key and then install the HP-certified .. And then it goes ...

5. master89x

master89x MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    And after installation, slmgr -ipk and the actual key for Vista Ultimate SP2. Will it work? Do I have to match anything with the actual SLIC in my BIOS?

Thanks!