Vista Ultimate OEM NoPE release, How to remove crack?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jellyhead, Nov 4, 2007.

1. jellyhead

jellyhead MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I'm trying to remove the BIOS emulator/loader used with the NoPE release. Does anyone know how to do this. I tried a crack removal tool called Voatktools but it doesn't seem to have removed it.

2. Barry

Barry MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2007
    From what I understand you can boot off the DVD and in the Repair menu start a CMD window and use 'bootrec /fixmbr' and 'bootrec /fixboot' to clear the bootloader off the hard disk!

As for the files on the DVD don't know, but you could try 'voatktoolsv.2.0.exe' to remove the softmods in Vista.

I'm in a similar situation, removed the bootloader, used voatktoolsv.2.0.exe to clear the softmods, imported an asus certifictae and PK using a modded ASUS BIOS in my Crosshair board but Vista will not activate after a reboot.

Maybe the NoPE release can't be restored to an original state?

3. gipo

gipo MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2007
    voatktoolsv remove crack only from the installed vista... is it possible to remove crack from the dvd image and then burn the clean oem vista? :confused:

4. Stormy

Stormy MDL Novice

May 5, 2007
    Don't know about the version you have, but I successfully turned my Dell copy into an Asus and removed the loader as well. I deleted the following two files,

GRLDR
    SetupComplete.cmd

I then deleted the two Dell files and replaced them with the corresponding Asus files, and then went through and edited any cmd/ini/reg/xml file; anywhere I found Dell I changed it to Asus.

Have installed with no problems. Also using a modded bios, and had no problems with activation either.

5. jellyhead

jellyhead MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    After using the crack removal tool, it appeared as though the soft mod was still loading. Vista was activated as ASUS OEM but I wanted to remove the loader. I booted vista from the DVD and used the fixmbr and fixboot commands which seems to have removed it...at least I don't see it loading any longer.