Vista Ultimate to 7 UltimateN

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FireSokar, Oct 25, 2009.

1. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Does anyone know if its possible to go from a non N version to a N Version via Upgrade.

2. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    does anyone have experience with this?

3. dzadzev

dzadzev MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2009
  4. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Yeah thats what i was reading, Im waiting on MSDN to finish its running slow on the ultimaten iso

5. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I don't think it's possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TBH

TBH MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    You can upgrade via a custom install. Look at the picture posted by dzadzev at the end it says: "In the EEA/EU Microsoft will ship..." etc.etc. This refers to N/E/K editions which lacks support of some programs like IE and WMP.

7. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Why would you want to do this? N is only a slightly more crippled version of Windows. THere's really no point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. dzadzev

dzadzev MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Yeah, I did not read that, thanks TBH ...

@FireSokar
    so you will need custom install :p

9. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Only reason im gonna use it is because my MSDN gives me 10 keys for each version and felt like selling them to some not so close friends. Was curious about what upgrade path they could use. as I was going to have it install the WMP using the batch file.

10. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Something I am curious about doing is replacing the pkeyconfig and what other files? To make the Ultimate accept UltimateN Keys.

11. TBH

TBH MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    It could be that Ultimate and Ultimate-N shares the same keys (it's the same edition, no sense to change the algorythm). I've installed on my PC a Home Premium (with its key) and then I've uninstalled Internet Explorer (I use Opera) and now in "System" it says Windows 7 Home Premium E and I haven't changed my key at all.

12. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    I tried activating a copy of mine using the N series Key and it didnt activate. Ill give VirtualPC a go in alittle bit.