Vista x64 SP1 desktop has "Test Mode" in corners...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by userno69, Jul 3, 2008.

1. userno69

userno69 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2008
    I found a program that automatically test signs drivers for you, so you don't have to hit F8 at boot up or use a program like ReadyDriverPlus in order to make the unsigned drivers work.

It works, but now in each corner of my desktop it says "Test Mode", and in the top middle of the desktop it says the windows version.

Can I get rid of this somehow? I saw somewhere that said you can get rid of it by installing and uninstalling DreamScene. I tried that but it didn't work. On the first reboot after install/uninstall, it was gone from the desktop, but then it came back.

Does anybody know another way of getting rid of this?

2. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2007
    #2 Shadowchaser, Jul 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Open a command prompt as admin and enter this:
    Code:
    bcdedit -set testsigning OFF
    greetz from Shadowchaser

3. userno69

userno69 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2008
    Hmm, but I am using test signed drivers (so I don't have to hit F8 during bootup), and if I turn off test signing, won't they stop working? My tcpip.sys is cracked and test signed, and that one is required to boot windows, so if test signing is disabled, then it won't even boot. I have seen references to a way to get rid of the watermark but still have test sign mode enabled, but they all seem extremely complex and are not written for the final version of Vista x64 SP1.

4. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2007
    Yeah, probably ur right. I don't think of that.

I suppose you mean the patched user32.dll. Now, i grant you that's some work to do. I havn't test it but i don't know reason why it should not work on SP1 final.

greetz from Shadowchaser