Visual Basic Help

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by flare4000, Jul 10, 2010.

1. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Hello everyone, I am currently "trying" to learn visual basic. Now to my question does anyone know how to include a file into the complied version of the app? p.s I am using visual studio if that even matters.
    Thanks for your help,
    Flare4000

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I use Rapidq which is a less bloated form of Visual basic. When you say you wish to include a file, for me that would be $include "Filename"
    now that uses any instructions that file has. If it is a matter that you wish to open a file to read that requires you to set a filestream to point to that file and open it to read, write etc.

If your requirements are for a simple utility then go by Rq it is free and there is a helpfull community. By the way one of it's members has created a terrific IDE compiled in RQ. It does not give out bloat ware as does Visual Basic and it has a less steep learning curve. However if you have to learn VB then follow some of the tutorials that exist.

If you need speed then C is for you but if it is for us poor humans Rapidq is easy and respectable and does the job. I sell two programs I created in RQ InKmon "The Universal Ink Monitor" and soon Control_IT a USB Drive based Windows utility.

By the way RQ is multy platform ready and compliant