Visual Basic Help

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by flare4000, Jul 10, 2010.

1. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Hello everyone, I am currently "trying" to learn visual basic. Now to my question does anyone know how to include a file into the complied version of the app? p.s I am using visual studio if that even matters.
    Thanks for your help,
    Flare4000

2. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I use Rapidq which is a less bloated form of Visual basic. When you say you wish to include a file, for me that would be $include "Filename"
    now that uses any instructions that file has. If it is a matter that you wish to open a file to read that requires you to set a filestream to point to that file and open it to read, write etc.

If your requirements are for a simple utility then go by Rq it is free and there is a helpfull community. By the way one of it's members has created a terrific IDE compiled in RQ. It does not give out bloat ware as does Visual Basic and it has a less steep learning curve. However if you have to learn VB then follow some of the tutorials that exist.

If you need speed then C is for you but if it is for us poor humans Rapidq is easy and respectable and does the job. I sell two programs I created in RQ InKmon "The Universal Ink Monitor" and soon Control_IT a USB Drive based Windows utility.

By the way RQ is multy platform ready and compliant