Vlite not compatible with 7 sp1 MSDN

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tistou77, Feb 25, 2011.

1. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    Hi

VLite is not compatible with windows 7 sp1 (MSDN), there are .dll file corrupt, etc...
    by modifying the Wimfltr.sys file with newer (WAIK3 file), Vlite closes itself after the removal of components (during the process)
    if it unmount the image with dism is OK, but not 100% sure that there is no bug

will someone have an idea for someone to Vlite compatible with 7 sp1 MSDN

thanks ;)

PS: I know rt7lite but Vlite rest for now, the best "software" to do certain tasks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Nos**t, isnt it?

vLite was never really compatible with 7 SP0.. Nuhi wont update it nor mkae a 7lite.

3. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    VLite is compatible with 7 sp0 (well for what I do)

and yes, Nuhi stopped the dev Vlite, etc. ... for a while

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    Indeed, there are errors with some .dll, files, etc... using Vlite and a 7 sp1 MSDN (no error if you use 7 with SP1 integrated)

the files corrupt are

system32

pdhui.dll polstore.dll PortableDeviceApi.dll PortableDeviceClassExtension.dll PortableDeviceConnectApi.dll PortableDeviceStatus.dll PortableDeviceSyncProvider.dllPortableDeviceTypes.dll PortableDeviceWiaCompat.dll PortableDeviceWMDRM.dll puiapi.dll rasapi32.dll rascfg.dll rasdiag.dll rasmxs.dll rasser.dll resutils.dll samlib.dll sbeio.dll sdshext.dll srclient.dll wercplsupport.dll wfapigp.dll wmi.dll wscisvif.dll wscproxystub.dll wscsvc.dll WSManMigrationPlugin.dll WsmAuto.dll wsmplpxy.dll WsmRes.dll plasrv.exe printui.exe resmon.exe ROUTE.EXE rrinstaller.exe SearchFilterHost.exe wsmprovhost.exe

wbem

NCProv.dll wbemprox.dll wbemsvc.dll WinMgmt.exe WinMgmtR.dll WmiApRes.dll WMICOOKR.dll WMIsvc.dll

oobe

WinLGDep.dll winsetup.dll wdsutil.dll

setup

cmmigr.dll

shared/res

padrs404.dll padrs411.dll

5. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    I didn't really find anything missing from rt7lite. What exactly are you missing?

You could maybe request missing feature in RT7Lite forums btw as it is still being developed..

6. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    - if we remove the security center, a message appears (in action center) that the security center is not activated (not present with Vlite)
    - can not delete "file and printer sharing (Server) (present with vLite)
    - the cleaning is not done entirely as with vLite (it will be for not having a bug in Windows, but I'm not with Vlite)

I have asked on their forum, but I'm not sure it changes anything

7. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    RT7Lite is being reworked from the ground up, addressing old and new issues. Hopefully it will be a little more thorough on the removal part. I have to say, though, I have not had any problems using it, although I know someone who used vLite and he always ended up with a smaller iso size. The x64 iso's I've had no problem getting down to 2.37gb, and the x86 isp to 1.77gb, while keeping full compatibility for my use (including ability to install Office 2010, etc.).

If I'm not mistaken, when removing natural languages with vLite (Win 7 SP0), including Japanese language, it is still possible to install Office 2010. But with RT7Lite, when you remove Japanese it breaks the ability to install Office 2010. I'm not sure why this is.

8. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I can second that Trinket. Although i stopped playing with 7lite i had the same problems with installing Office, it had to do with missing fonts. I think i kept a European Union language or one that had certain symbols to overcome this.

9. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    #12 Trinket, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    I don't second that anymore :) RT7Lite is really not that good of a tool. vLite can be made to work with Win7 SP1, but you'll have to use Win7 SP0 as a base and install it in VM and install SP1 to it and then sysprep it, then capture it via Imagex. Then remove SP files and clean up, then export. That Win7 SP1 image you can use with vLite, no problems.

If you do use RT7Lite, you can't remove Japanese language or MSOffice 2010 won't install. I used Win7 SP1 lite images made by RT7Lite for almost a year, no problems. But vLite is leagues above RT7Lite and vLite is all I use now. Not only that, it takes about 10% of the time that it takes RT7Lite to do the same thing.

10. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    you get back an old topic :D

Vlite is compatible with Windows 7 SP1, you just use Gimagex before using Vlite :p

11. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    Tell me more please :)

12. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    #15 tistou77, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    (OP)
  13. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    Yeah I read those. Some guy in that thread got an IE9 problem with this method. Then, a friend of mine got exactly the same IE9 problem when using this method as well. Instead what he had been doing was create our own SP1 image out of SP0 source and intergrating SP1 in VM. A base image made that way is actually quite a bit smaller and cleaner than MS' own SP1 images. And it works with vLite without any problems, including the IE9 one. I think the IE9 problem (and perhaps others) may be due to not exporting the image after saving/committing it. I noticed someone mentioned this as well in the thread you refer to, and I had the same thought myself. I was thinking of sysprepping an MS SP1 iso and capturing that and see if that can yield the same effects as the sp0-to-sp1 image. But yeah I think this vLite stuff for WIn7 may just be a little more complex than, 'hey I used Gimagex on it' lol.