VM for Physical2VM streaming for LPFM Radio Station

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by coast123, Dec 27, 2014.

1. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Hi I would like to know if it is even possible to have a VM to allow for just sending out a stream, I do my own LP-FM radio station, Licensed, as WIKH-FM-LP 101.3 MHz(FM). I would like to know if it is possible because I have one PC doing all the work, I would like to be able to have the Physical PC be the one leading to the transmitter and have the VM mirroring the actual PC that's leading to the transmitter broadcast for the same content on a of streaming my station. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I would like to say that it most likely sounds futuristic or too farfetched most likely but if it is an actual idea that would work it would be great to know how to do so and if you have done it your self, what setup do you use on yours xp linux etc and of course the software and streaming provider. I am using right now a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5302 AMD Radeon HD 6310 Embedded Graphics along with 10GB of RAM, a Cruical SSD (128GB, For windows only*The rest is on external hard-drive(music, commericial,station id etc.))

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    If you can do it with 2 physical machines, you can do it with VM (nothing different about it)

3. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #3 ratzlefatz, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Thanks so much for helping I think I got an idea of doing this, I thought my idea for this was farfetched but I guess not thanks so much for helping on this also on the Good side I got the automation software and it works in an old XP Professional Setup in Virtual it just needs to be set to the streaming provider I am using ZaraRadio Version 1.6.2 or something like this. I use listen2myradio.com as a temporary streaming service for now until I can find a streaming provider that has 27/7 for free hosting, would perfer shoutcast. Thanks for helping. If anyone can help with the streaming issue, which is it cuts off after so much time, I have heard of caster.fm but I am not sure wether they would allow a actual radio station to work with their service I asked their support but no replies back after two months. Which means I need to find a free streaming service that will allow 24/7 radio broadcasting no extra features just 24/7 streaming that's all and reliable + free. If anyone knows about any services that have these qualities please reply back into the thread thanks.