VMware 7 and Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kocoman, Jan 17, 2010.

1. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    VMware 7 and Snow Leopard?

Has anyone run it? I've seen a websites that says they can run it

2. salserito123

salserito123 MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2010
    I'm new on this website. but I thought it might be helpful to you. I bought a mac book pro and i installed windows 7 with a program that my mac had already installed on it called boot-camp. It worked fine but what I didn't like about is that either you boot your machine as snow leopard from the beginning or as windows and for me it was pointless of having two OS in my machine, so i wanted it to work both at the sometime then I learned that by running a program named parallels I could. guess what I downloaded it. I was getting frustrated that I couldn't load my already installed Win7 from that parallels, then I went to the web and learned that I had to install Win7 again from the snow OS with the parallels program, then I did it and wallah it was up and running like a champ :) then i was happy. it is way better when you install Win7 from the parallels program because you have full usage of all the programs at the same time from the Snow OS, and from the Win7 OS than if you just run it from boot-camp. Also you have a cool feature that when you turn your parallels program into full screen mode it turns the screen as if it was a cube showing two faces of it......mmmmm I might didn't answer your actual question but the point is that if you didn't know about parallels, well it does work perfect and it is already been tested by me. honestly I don't know much about VMware but that it is a program that does the same stuff as Parallels for mac. PS: if you look for it look for parallels 5.. that is what I'm running at this time.

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Yes, you can even download 10Gb ready made image (if you look in right places - and do not ask WHERE, do you own search work!)

sebus

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    If he HAD a real Mac then he would not need to run it inside VM, right?

sebus

5. ggonxhi

ggonxhi MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    and how do you know he dosent?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. salserito123

salserito123 MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2010
    hey hey hey guys easy, we are here to help and receive it as well. But good point sebus he might want to run leopard from a PC. at least that's your point I think right?
    I own PC and Mac it would be great if I could run Leopard OS on my PC as well. If anyone knows how I would appreciate your help.