vmware fusion 3.0.1 (215242) + Windows 7 ultimate vm + Activation?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by forumware, Aug 25, 2010.

1. forumware

forumware MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #2 sebus, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. forumware

forumware MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    slmgr.vbs.disabled

Thanks Sebus for the link...

I had to rename slmgr.vbs.disabled to slmgr.vbs because when i would run the OPAtool, it would not find the slmg.vbs. Did a manual search in the system32 folder to see that the slmgr.vbs was disabled. So i renamed it to vbs...

Will try the tool now and post updates.

4. forumware

forumware MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    Just ran the tool, looks ok EXCEPT for the SLP 1.0 tab says "NO OEM SLP STRING FOUND",

I've included the screenshots, just a refresh i'm trying to do this in vmware fusion so maybe my rom is not actually being used???

Attached Files:

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    SLP 1.0 is for XP/2003 ONLY

I see no reason why it would not activate

Just try to do (with evevated command prompt)

slmgr -upk

slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (chose any other Ultimate key, they are NON brand specific)

slpmgr /dli

sebus

6. forumware

forumware MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    That did it..

Thanks Sebus, that did it, i guess it didn't like the serial.

Thanks again,

7. Elite2k

Elite2k MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey just saw your post here is what i did not sure if its the easiest or hardest method but was quick for me
    -1 downloaded vmare_ESX___ESXi_193498_executable_with_HP_2.1_slic.zip (google it or search on this forum its here)
    -2 Took two files from this package ( HP CERT XRM file and the bios440.slic.rom)
    -3 Install VMWARE 3
    -4 Install any ver of windows 7 without any serial etc.. once completed turn it off
    -5 my documents ( go to vm folder and open the folder and it will show u ie windows 7) right click and show contents
    -6 drag the bios440.rom file and put it inside the contents folder
    -7 inside the contents folder you will find a Windows 7.vmx ( it ends in .vmx) open it in textedit
    -8 add one line to it bios440.filename = "bios440.slic.rom" (enter it the same way the rest of the stuff is enter it anywhere i did at the bottom)
    -9 boot in windows 7 check using a slic tool to see if u have slic 2.1 u should have it now
    -10 install the HP cert thats included in this package or install any cert you want
    -11 find the oem key for your ver of windows ie 7 start pro ultimate etc.. and activate using that and your all done congrats :) and enjoy

Finally i do not take credit for this someone else did this i used this method and tried to simplify it