Vostro 200 BIOS - slic using dynamic method

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by itias, Nov 6, 2010.

1. itias

itias MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2010
    Based on the information I've found on this great forum I was trying to get SLIC2.1 into my Dell Vostro BIOS before going Win7 from Vista. Theoretically the whole process seems correct but after updating the BIOS, RW-Everything still shows SLIC2.0. I'm a little bit confused because re-opening the updated bios in Award DLIC Mod tool shows it is already updated with SLIC2.1... Can anyone shed some light? :)

Thanks

Greg

2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Loader installed which replaces the hardware SLIC after bootup?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  4. itias

itias MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2010
    Thanks both of you for quick answer.

@Phazor: I thought that flashing BIOS would do? My impression was that I either use loader for Win7 or because of installing OEM Dell version, it is enough to have BIOS with Slic2.1...

@NoJuan999: I loaded your BIOS but the result is exactly the same I got with my modification. After loading the BIOS I still got Slic 2.0 shown by Everest and RW Utility.

Is it my Vista perhaps?

5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I didnt mean to say that you need a loader.

I was wondering if one is installed as that would explain what interferes with the BIOS SLIC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. itias

itias MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2010
    I don't recall which method I used for Vista, you might be right, Phazor:)
    I happen to have an empty drive so I will try to install Win 7 which should give me a definitive answer. If it was a loader, that would mean I've lost couple of hours for experimenting with BIOS'es. Well, it happens.

7. itias

itias MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2010
    That was a loader! Win7 installed and activated with no issue with NoJuan999's BIOS. Thanks guys!