VPN or Seedbox Recommendation needed - Please help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by aovaici, Aug 30, 2011.

1. aovaici

aovaici MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    First of all let me apologize for not knowing what catagory I should have posted this in. But anyways...

Recently I have been starting to get more and more worried about MPAA, copyrights, ect ect. so I have started looking for a decent VPN service to tunnel traffic through.

I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations for a VPN service (or seedbox?) that I can use for torrents/downloads, I specifically want a VPN service and not just a torrent service because I don't trust that all traffic actually gets tunneled with services like BTGaurd (for example IPv6 has to be disabled, otherwise your ipv6 traffic is UNPROTECTED with a service like btgaurd). To be fair, I tried BT Gaurd and two other services (can't remember their names) and my speeds dropped from 16m down/4m upload to like 50k/sec. I am looking for a STABLE, TRUSTWORTHY (anonymous / no logs kept) VPN service that is FAST, perferable with no caps or at least 200g/month (I don't download that much, just want the option). Also I DON'T want to use a service that has a problem with p2p traffic or legal warning ect ect because that really makes me feel like they are going to had over anything they can get on me.

Anyways, Thank you all.
    Ash

PS. Also I'd love a recommendation or review of service that you currently use... I am in the US looking for a VPN who has a policy of NOT handing over info / different country

2. Falter

Falter MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2011
    Concerning VPN-service I can just recommend kebrum.com , as I'm using it myself low-cost and wide range of services.

3. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010
    Personally to be 100% safe I'd get a dedicated server out of the country. (Canada should do, they're not as strict here with that stuff) and then torrent from there. Install Transmission which is a web based torrent client, then to access it SSH to the server and setup a tunnel to access the web interface. All your traffic to/from the server will be encrypted.

I have thought of doing that just to get better speeds, and to avoid killing my internet connection every time I start torrents. If you want to be even safer see if you can find a dedicated server provider in Russia or another country that basically has no laws at all on this kind of stuff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alex38

alex38 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    Indeed, some of old services do not provide necessary security and anonymity, so I now use encrypted tunnels with proxies in different locations of Pirateray(.com) , it works good with any browser, Skype, etc to access any website or service wherever I travel. It's easy to install and free to try 1 week.

5. kebone

kebone MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2013
    If you're a good person and would like help with private trackers or seedboxes email me at digitaleden222@gmail

6. aovaici

aovaici MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Joined today... And you want us to email you at your private email address... Can anyone say... Spam?