VT on HP DX7400 Microtower

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kavish, Nov 20, 2009.

1. kavish

kavish MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi,

i have an HP DX7400 Microtower with an intel q6600 processor, and it uses "Phoenix" Version "MS7352 1.14" bios version.

The processor is full VT capabable, but the settings to enable VT under bios doesn't exists.

Can anyone provide a bios update from another manufacturer that will work on this motherboard, or provide a tool that will be able to modify bios to allow VT settings..

2. kavish

kavish MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi the processor is a q6600;

# Quad Core
    # Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology
    # Intel® EM64T 1
    # Intel® Virtualization Technology
    # Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
    # Execute Disable Bit 2
    # Intel® Thermal Monitor 2

But there is no such option in the bios to activate the VT feature...

3. saad3000

saad3000 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    Hello, I have the same story here!! Securable application tells me that VT is diabled, I must enable it from the BIOS, however my motherboard doesn't have the VT Enable/Disable option :(

4. aroenai

aroenai MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    Right the processor supports it, but does securable say "No" or "Locked off"? If it's no, then theres not anything you can do about it but if it's locked off then its possible to enable it either by hacking the bios or turning on an option somewhere.

I don't know enough to be able to enable it on other bioses, but I do understand how to enable the option on a phoenix bios where the option is present but unlinked thanks to some notes someone made on my bios.

5. saad3000

saad3000 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    Secrable says that VT Is LOCKED OFF! if we could only know a way to hack the BIOS registery codes to enable it :)

6. kavish

kavish MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    Oh yea!! i just bought that about 1 month ago, three years warranty on whole unit!! Wish there could be a way to modify the bios!

i am thinking about buying a new motherboard that would allow me to enable VT, to hell with hp..