W10 10056 x86 Russian: Can I change language from Russian to English after install ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AtomR, Apr 12, 2015.

1. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    #1 AtomR, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Hi there,

I'd posted this in the thread of build 10056, but no-one responded.

As you know, WZor had released the x86 version of Windows 10 10056 in only Russian language.

Can I change the language from Russian to English after installation ?

I know, you can change language in Windows OS by installing Language Packs from Control Panel or Settings. But since it's a leaked build 10056, Will I be able to download & install En-US LP ? If not, Can I use LP from old builds ? or tell me something, so that I can change lang from Russian to En-US ?

**UPDATE**
    New Problem appeared! :(

I usually do a fresh install using setup.exe from the 'sources' folder of installation folder of Windows.
    So, I installed the W10 10056 x86 Russian on dual-boot with W8.1 on a new partition.
    The installation went completed fine, but after installation got finished, when the Windows open for the first time, after filling timezone, other settings etc, it shows the loading spinning wheel for two minutes. After that, PC got automatically restarted. After restart, it asks for me to again fill timzone & other settings etc. It again keep loading & then again got rebooted. The same happened 5 times. Windows is not opening for the first time & keep rebooting. I tried formatting that partition & did the installation 3 times. But still the problem.

Here is some more info.-
    *I'm doing a dual-boot with W8.1
    *I did a fresh install using 'setup.exe' from the 'sources' folder of installation folder of Windows.
    *And this one weird. No error appeared during installations. But After installation, the size of the used space on the partition on which I installed W10 TP, is only 6.88 GB. :eek: It should be more than 16+GB...

View attachment 34685

Please Help! :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Your Russian skills should be good enough to read the way to go and you should have the appropriate lp pack on hand since no older lp pack will work

3. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Will I not be able to download Eng lang pack using Control Panel ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    no ...........

5. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Seems like, I've to wait for an official Insider Build, which likely will not come before BUILD 2015. :(

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I'm not a leaked build junkie and I mostly wait for official things because most of these internal/OEM versions are made for special testing and not for daily use. When you read through many pages you can see how often a new install is the only way to get along or some even roll back to any previous version officially released and they are fine with it though

7. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    If he had read further WZOR stated the fall back language was en-us.

8. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    It's relatively easy to manually install the MUIs taking them from a previous version IF they are coming from a close version, but I guess it's not needed here.

9. yousif

yousif MDL Member

Dec 14, 2013
  10. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
  11. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Hi there,
    Now I've downloaded both x86 Russian ISO & En-US x86 LP for build 10056.
    Now, as the original setup is in Russian, what should I do ?

I've heard of integrating LP to an Windows ISO/setup. Can someone please guide me, how to do so ? ;)
    or
    Instead of integrate LP, Should I install LP after installing Russian ISO ? I think, it'll be difficult, 'cause I don't know Russian.

Thanks.

12. Jazz

Jazz MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #12 Jazz, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Basically it doesn't matter if you don't understand russian language.
    to integrate LP, not require long step

1. Press Win + R
    2. Type :
      Code:
      lpksetup.exe
    3. Press Enter.
    4. The "Install or Uninstall display languages" wizard.
    5. Click the Install display languages button.
    6. In the next page of the wizard, click Browse and pick the *.cab file of the MUI language.
    7. Click the Next button > done

Make sure you do it right

13. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    #13 AtomR, Apr 15, 2015
    (OP)
    Thanks. I'll try it now. :)

14. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    New Problem appeared! :(

I usually do a fresh install using setup.exe from the 'sources' folder of installation folder of Windows.
    So, I installed the W10 10056 x86 Russian on dual-boot with W8.1 on a new partition.
    The installation went completed fine, but after installation got finished, when the Windows open for the first time, after filling timezone, other settings etc, it shows the loading spinning wheel for two minutes. After that, PC got automatically restarted. After restart, it asks for me to again fill timzone & other settings etc. It again keep loading & then again got rebooted. The same happened 5 times. Windows is not opening for the first time & keep rebooting. I tried formatting that partition & did the installation 3 times. But still the problem.

Here is some more info.-
    *I'm doing a dual-boot with W8.1
    *I did a fresh install using 'setup.exe' from the 'sources' folder of installation folder of Windows.
    *And this one weird. No error appeared during installations. But After installation, the size of the used space on the partition on which I installed W10 TP, is only 6.88 GB. :eek: It should be more than 16+GB...

Capture.PNG

Please Help! :(

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If I were you, I would install Windows 10 on it's own HDD after disconnecting all other HDD's which could be reconnected AFTER the full installation and first updates are done! Than use the BIOS Boot Manager for to chose which HDD/OS to start! I would NOT install W10TP in Dual-Boot mode, simply much less problems!! And already have the problem of mixed Main Languages because YOUR W10TP is Russian!!

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Is better if you format the partition again and then use imagex to install and easybcd to add the installation to your actual bootloader.

The process with imagex is faster, less prone to errors, and you can realize if something is wrong even before rebooting the PC.

17. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I'm familiar with dual-booting. I'd dual-booted a lot with W8 & W8.1 betas, but hadn't got a problem like this. o_O

18. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    #18 AtomR, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    (OP)
  19. maxrdlf

maxrdlf MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2012
    #19 maxrdlf, Apr 16, 2015
  20. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    #20 AtomR, Apr 16, 2015
    (OP)
    Sorry, What? :confused: